Who is running 22" Wheels? Step in please!

Hey folks,

Just picked up my 2020 AT4 this past week and am looking at wheels/tires, but havent really found the look that I want, I am thinking 22" but not sure yet.

If you are running 22's can you please tell me how it affected the ride? Wheel/Tire Specs? Side view pic please?

TIA!

14 minutes ago, Arkangel said:

That looks great!

whats the width/offset and tire size? Any rubbing?

What shocks Did you go with?

check the other thread, a bunch of guys have included their lifts and wheels/tires combo specs

mine is a readylift 3.5/3” sst lift kit, 22x10 -18mm fuel blitz wheels with 35x12.50x22 nitto ridge grapplers

my lift kit came with bilstein shocks

I just ordered 22's but debated for a while. Hope they turn out like i'm expecting! 22x10's -18 and 285/55R22 Nitto Ridge. I have no leveling or lift kit, will see about the rubbing. Those tires from what I read should work with minimal trimming. I'll let you know and post a pic when they get here...

1 hour ago, firedab said:

I just ordered 22's but debated for a while. Hope they turn out like i'm expecting! 22x10's -18 and 285/55R22 Nitto Ridge. I have no leveling or lift kit, will see about the rubbing. Those tires from what I read should work with minimal trimming. I'll let you know and post a pic when they get here...

Definitely let me know! I am not looking to lift or level, just want wheels/tires and looking at upgrading the shocks to Bilstein 4600 or 5100

I wouldn't get a low or negative offset wheel if you aren't leveling or willing to do some trimming. I have a 3.5" lift and I still rub on both the front and rear of the front wheel wells. I'd venture to say my -18 offset with my 10" wide wheel has a greater impact on the trimming and rubbing than the tire size does. The tires are only roughly .9" wider in diameter than stock, which is only less than a half inch wider from the center of the wheel (figure how much closer the tire is to the things it could rub on).  The offset is what creates the need for the trimming more than the tire, when turning the wheels and moving up and down with the suspension.

The offset matters because when you turn your wheels, your wheels/tires stick out further than before, effectively creating a larger radius from the mounting point, which is why you have to trim to accommodate them.  There's some good graphics out there demonstrating this, so you can better understand. But hopefully this helps clarify some of your concerns.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input, im pretty set on -18 to -25 offset and wouldnt mind trimming SOME plastic as I did for my 1500, but there doesnt seem go be many people who have put 22’s on without a lift, and depending on the tires some of the aftermarket 20’s just look too dinky on these trucks

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, got them on...

I ended up moving the front bumper forward about 1/2", took front mud flaps off and will modify them to eliminate the rub there. Minimal mods to make this work. They do stick out a bit more than I would prefer, but I'll get used to it... Looks great, now debating on adding the 3/2 lift?!?

Truck 1.jpg

Edited by firedab

5 hours ago, firedab said:

Ok, got them on...

I ended up moving the front bumper forward about 1/2", took front mud flaps off and will modify them to eliminate the rub there. Minimal mods to make this work. They do stick out a bit more than I would prefer, but I'll get used to it... Looks great, now debating on adding the 3/2 lift?!?

Truck 1.jpg

Man that looks great! You kept everything the same? 22x10 -18 and 285/55R22? Post pics of how much of the mudflap you have to trim

this is still with no leveling kit also right?

Edited by Arkangel

Yup, those are the wheel and tire specs, and no leveling kit, but I did turn the keys (bolts) two turns, have about an inch difference between front and rear. I’m going to work on mud flaps tomorrow, I’ll post when I get them done.