adding heated rear seats

I noticed I had the heated rear seat connector behind my drivers side rear seat.  Recently I put an oem wireless charger in my truck and in that process I bought a wiring harness for my center console that supports heated rears seats. 

I have a RST Silverado 2020 with a center console.

I needed 8 parts to get hardware in place for heated seats

trim plate 84505576 $30

seat heat switch 84476688 $30

heat switch bracket 84172412 $8

harness 84482759 $56

(2) seat cushion heater 84369788 $20ea

module 13523031 $35

module bracket 84180630 $10

seat harness 84441561 $35

Total $250

I switched everything out and I tucked the heating pads under the seat covers.

I figured it was likely I would need some custom programming but I gave it a shot anyhow.

After all that it did not work. No light turns on the switch.

I thought about making a canny device but then WAMS came out with custom BCM programming for T1.  His website says support is pending for adding heated rear seats.   I have everything in place for cooled/heated front seats too but I am waiting to see if WAMS adds the heated rear seats.  Anyone done this? Or made any canny device for any functions on these trucks?

I already have the heated rears, but would love to find a way to add cooled rears as well. I mean it only sucks for the kids, but living in FL, they would be useful 9 months out of the year.

I knew the Ram had them, but no way was that enough to get me to switch ??

I've never added OEM heated seats before, especially in newer vehicles that need the BCM programmed for everything.

If anyone is looking to do it easy and fairly inexpensive, after market kits are very straight forward.

• 5 months later...

White automotive and media services WAMS now offers this activation with autosync.  Works just like it does from factory $250 dollar upgrade if you already have autosync, you can use the new console harness from this upgrade to hook up an OEM wireless charger for another ~$120.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2022 at 8:16 PM, ChrisMK said:

Hi Jarett - Did you ever get the rear heated seats working with the parts ?   Thx Chris

yes got it working perfectly like from factory just need parts listed and autosync device from WAMS