In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

larryquesnelle

speedometer adjustments & fuel mileage

do 2018 Silverado dash board computers need to be adjusted when you put bigger wheels & tires on the vehicle,  my computer fuel mileage calculator is really messed up reading it but I am sure that I am getting better mileage than the computer is showing me? I realize that it will be effected but I did not think it would go up & down so much?

Did you put bigger tires on your truck? If so, they rotate fewer times per mile making your computer think you've gone less miles. This will lower the speedo reading and show lower mpg.

I used the hypertech speedometer corrector to fix mine after I put 35s on. Going to 35s was about a 10% difference on the speedo.

Yeah definitely use a hand held tuner.
Not gonna recommend one cause the last time I recommended a product on here I got a time out.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I've addressed with the poster by PM but everyone else:

Product recommendations aren't prohibited on this site, even if the product is not a current sponsor. Only blatant advertising by someone who has a monetary connection to the product or spamming by PMs, these actions may cause info to be removed. In any case members will receive an explanation of the issue.

I feel you may have been caught up in our site software issues several weeks back and the info was simply lost. Others suffered the similar fate.

So product recommendations = good

Selling a product without paying your fair share to the site for advertising = bad

There is a product review section, if anyone wants to let us know about something they've tried out and believes the rest of us should have it too