*Upgraded Yukon SLT LED low beams*

So after purchasing my '19 Trail Boss LT with the LED headlights, I realized my wife's '16 Yukon SLT with the halogen bulbs in a projector housing was just horrible and unsafe compared to what I was seeing driving my truck. I guess we were just use to the poor lighting of the low beams on the Yukon it never bothered us until we got my truck. So after researching for a few months, I purchased some H11 GTR Ultra Series 2.0 Leds from Headlight Revolution for $200. I installed them in about 15 minutes as the passenger side took a little longer with the air box in the way. It is literally a night and day difference in the visibility the Yukon has now with LEDs in the stock projector housing. Only problem I had for 2 days was passenger bulb would flicker and then turn off. I would have to manually turn on and off the lights to get them working. Talked to Headlight Revolution, they said get a video of it happening and send for warranty on the bulb. Well, it has not happened again in the last 3 nights driving it around. So until it does it again, I have no video to send them. ANYWAYS, here are a few pics. I can get more if needed.

stock halogen

spacer.png

GTR Ultra 2.0 Bulb

spacer.png

stock halogen 

spacer.png

GTR Ultra 2.0

spacer.png

GTR Ultra 2.0 low beams ON

spacer.pngG

GTR Ultra 2.0 lighting up neighborhood street

spacer.png

Edited by NotoriousGT350
wording

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry, didn’t see this early. They sent me another bulb and I had to destroy the flickering one in a way while providing photos of wires cut to them. New bulb went in and it has been trouble free since. Been on many road trips during the night it’s amazing how it helped out so much especially with deer all over the place in the areas where I was at.

Thanks. I ended up ordering the Morimoto 2Stroke 3.0 bulbs. I like the output, better/brighter/whiter than stock halogen bulbs for sure. I wish they were a touch brighter though, and I might try an HID kit. One minor gripe I have with the Morimoto H11 bulbs is that they come with a tension spring that ends up binding and getting in the way. I didn't force the bulbs, but both bulbs did the same thing and I couldn't seat them all the way. Upon inspection I found the springs to have bent. They bulbs should be designed so the springs bend in the opposite direction. I ended up having to basically flatten the springs for the bulbs to seat properly. They sent me replacement bulbs, and even being aware of what could happen, and with slightly flattening the spring a touch, they still wouldn't seat so I sent the replacements back. I have a couple weeks to decide what I want to do with these if I'm going to exchange them or live with them. The bulbs seem to be seated securely without the tension spring, so it's more of wanting to roll the dice on HIDs or not.