Cognito Traction Bars

Anyone running these on their lifted truck?

I've always been afraid of really pouring the coal to it out of the hole to my lifted truck because of axle wrap. I've seen some videos and it's ugly.

I'm ordering a set of these today I think.

I thought about getting the McGaughys ladder bars like covetedstyle has but they cost too much. The rough country are half that much but they say they only work up to a 6" lift. I'm at 9"

Anyone?170d267f936a444b79536e47fc08cd25.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Fts has some too but I think they expensive too, if I get some I think I gotta go with the McGaughy when I find them for good price 
Yeah the McGaughys are around $900. They look nice but more than I want to spend.

• Like 1

I talked to Cognito today and they said to use the 44" set on a 1/2 ton. The 60" are for 3/4 tons I guess. I thought longer the better.
I also talked to NorCal truck ( Cognito dealer) and they said the same thing. So I think I'm going to order a set to put under the Xmas tree .

• Like 1

Maybe look into these Longhorn Fab Shop bars. They are bolt-on so you won’t have to weld tabs to your axle like the universal Cognito bars and you can custom order them in any length you want. I know the owner of Longhorn and he builds some really nice stuff. 

https://longhornfabshop.com/custom-chevy-gmc-1500-1-2-ton-traction-bars-2in-diameter-200961/

I have a set of bolt-on bars I built for my truck. Mine only has the stock rear blocks but the bars definitely help. I can only imagine how much axle wrap you have with your 9” lift. I’ll measure mine and let you know how long they are. 

745E0D85-7A06-49FA-9A74-9B897287A2D5.jpeg

BDBC19FD-86CB-4D57-AC08-CA8220793E5C.jpeg

• Like 1

I run the Rough Country bars. Would have preferred simple round stock to the RC boxed design, but they look kind of cool.

I'm actually lowered too - with my rear blocks removed. Helps substantially with axle wrap and vibrations under WOT. They squeak a little though the axle bracket isn't properly clearanced for the angle of the heim joint. One day I'll take them off and bend/grind some material off and they should be noise free at that point.

I have a set of bolt-on bars I built for my truck. Mine only has the stock rear blocks but the bars definitely help. I can only imagine how much axle wrap you have with your 9” lift. I’ll measure mine and let you know how long they are. 

745E0D85-7A06-49FA-9A74-9B897287A2D5.thumb.jpeg.ef0d4e8b083d93df0b8e9a36ef0eb06e.jpeg

BDBC19FD-86CB-4D57-AC08-CA8220793E5C.thumb.jpeg.c382049e4067bbbd5daa2f1cd9b09b98.jpeg

I looked at those. Around $700.

Cognitos are $425.

Only difference i can see is the bolt on to the U bolts part . And the hole on the bar is under the axle instead of in front of it.

Now if I was rolling a big lifted Duramax I would get those in a heartbeat.

I run the Rough Country bars. Would have preferred simple round stock to the RC boxed design, but they look kind of cool.

I'm actually lowered too - with my rear blocks removed. Helps substantially with axle wrap and vibrations under WOT. They squeak a little though the axle bracket isn't properly clearanced for the angle of the heim joint. One day I'll take them off and bend/grind some material off and they should be noise free at that point.
They say the RC bars only work up to a 7.5" lift or I would get them. They don't look that bad really.

1 hour ago, dieselfan1 said:

They say the RC bars only work up to a 7.5" lift or I would get them. They don't look that bad really.

Eh. I think it would be fine. They also aren't for lowered trucks but they worked for me. 

It just means the front bracket would be closer to your rear axle. Their (RC) instructions suck anyways and I ended up getting the brackets exactly right with lots of measuring. 

Eh. I think it would be fine. They also aren't for lowered trucks but they worked for me. 

It just means the front bracket would be closer to your rear axle. Their (RC) instructions suck anyways and I ended up getting the brackets exactly right with lots of measuring. 
That's what I was thinking too.
Also it says up to 7.5" lift. I have a 6" block and an add a leaf that's about 3/4" thick so really it's 6 3/4" . Also the stock 1" block is gone. But I do have a 1" lift shackle. You are probably right I have to think about that. I like that they bolt on too. Got any pics of your setup?

11 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

Kind of hard to read

He thinks the bracket may end up where the frame starts to arch up

Ohh that's a good point. Truck's at dealer service today but I'll take some pics of mine and post them up. I'll snap pics of where the brackets are in relation the frame turning point too.