Center Console Question

Hello.

I am new here, but have been reading/lurking for a bit.  I have a '19 GMC 2500 Denali.  For all of you that have made changes to your center console, either swapping one out or putting one in, I have a couple of questions.

I would like to change out the 12v adapter on the backside of the console with a rocker switch.  I have looked and found an exploded diagram of it, but just not sure how to get the back cover off.

1.  Does anyone have any pics of the underside (at the rear) of the console?

2.  Has anyone pulled the back cover off to get to 12v plug?

3.  I figure it pops off, but how does it come off?

Thanks in advance.

Hello.
I am new here, but have been reading/lurking for a bit.  I have a '19 GMC 2500 Denali.  For all of you that have made changes to your center console, either swapping one out or putting one in, I have a couple of questions.
I would like to change out the 12v adapter on the backside of the console with a rocker switch.  I have looked and found an exploded diagram of it, but just not sure how to get the back cover off.
1.  Does anyone have any pics of the underside (at the rear) of the console?
2.  Has anyone pulled the back cover off to get to 12v plug?
3.  I figure it pops off, but how does it come off?

Thanks in advance.

Holy crap lol, I was looking for threads and other forums for this, last week and this week. I did this mod Sunday night. This has got to be fate man lol! Hopefully this is the same access for the 19 Denali. I have a 2015 Chevy Diesel 2500HD.

There's 4 torque screws on the side. You can see the top two by just looking in, the bottom two you have to pull the rubber sleeve out and you can see them. The scary part is pulling off the back. I'd say lift up and towards your head(it takes some force). I absolutely hate and always get scared of breaking clips or plastic inside. The second pic is the QC charger I went with, its solid and charges fast, found it on amazon for like $13. You also have to bore out the existing charger hole for this QC charger to fit, but that's not hard either.

8bf7ca1d2a7eedd89b0aff05f7c40545.jpg

f036dc0a618e1bb031c2a01aa883d584.jpg

Thanks for the reply.  So, what's it take to get the back cover off?  Sorry, I didn't read it all.  I found the easy ones.  I will look again for the hidden screws.

Lol no worries I was mad for a second,
cause I explained it in my reply [emoji1787]. The bottom two screws are hidden behind the rubber lining that pulls out on the bottom.

6 minutes ago, MikeLee661 said:

Lol no worries I was mad for a second,
cause I explained it in my reply emoji1787.png. The bottom two screws are hidden behind the rubber lining that pulls out on the bottom.

Yeah, I glanced at it and went straight for the pics.  My bad.

Do you happen to have one of the rubber piece and the back.  I'm not sure if mine has that.  I will have to go look again in the morning.  I think they are all about the same from '15 - '19.  It looks pretty close.

Edited by HallettMan
  • Like 1

Yeah, I glanced at it and went straight for the pics.  My bad.
Do you happen to have one of the rubber piece and the back.  I'm not sure if mine has that.  I will have to go look again in the morning.  I think they are all about the same from '15 - '19.  It looks pretty close.

I found a pic off eBay, if yours looks like this the rubber sleeve inside there pulls out. It's almost camouflaged lol.
7756c370f54f45f6a5b6280870077248.jpg

On 12/16/2020 at 12:32 AM, MikeLee661 said:

I found a pic off eBay, if yours looks like this the rubber sleeve inside there pulls out. It's almost camouflaged lol.
7756c370f54f45f6a5b6280870077248.jpg

Got the cover off.  Once I figured it out from all the info, it came off pretty easy.  Thank you for the help.  I found there is enough room behind the cover to do what I want so, I am going to add an additional device inside the upper tray.  Should work out fine that way.  Again, thanks.

• Like 1

Got the cover off.  Once I figured it out from all the info, it came off pretty easy.  Thank you for the help.  I found there is enough room behind the cover to do what I want so, I am going to add an additional device inside the upper tray.  Should work out fine that way.  Again, thanks.

Right on man, I was wondering if you were able to get it and how it turned out.
If you remember, take some pics and post them up to see the turnout.
Funny little mods like this we just do, I forget to post them for reference.
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, MikeLee661 said:

Right on man, I was wondering if you were able to get it and how it turned out.
If you remember, take some pics and post them up to see the turnout.
Funny little mods like this we just do, I forget to post them for reference.

Still waiting on my parts, but I will be ready when they get here on Saturday, I hope.  I will try to take a few pics and post them up.