Bed rack options - roof tent

Looking for options for the purpose of taking with me a roof top tent when we get out.

I've seen since cool ones by CBI but I don't believe they make them for our rigs.

Last, I need it to work with a bed cover.

What do you guys have/recommend?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Putco makes a pretty nice bed rack that I have seen on a few peoples trucks on this forum. 
I saw a video last night w/ the Putco bed rack, but was a lacking details. Thanks for suggesting.

I have a Retrax XR with Yakima Outpost HD System. When attached to the Retrax you get 300lbs on-road and 180lbs off-road. Should be enough to support a tent.

https://yakima.com/products/tonneau-kit-1
IMG_1197.thumb.jpg.60f79a3ca71afab17c26947d463efd35.jpg
That sounds good... Wondering is I can add storage on the side.

The price of the bedracks are ridiculous these days. I ended up going the DIY route. Just angle iron, lateral supports from compact camping concepts. Everything came under $250. Fits my stock tri-fold, which takes up a lot of room on  the rails. Some drilling is involved.

ghfgh.jpg

10 minutes ago, 3tspapat said:

The price of the bedracks are ridiculous these days. I ended up going the DIY route. Just angle iron, lateral supports from compact camping concepts. Everything came under $250. Fits my stock tri-fold, which takes up a lot of room on  the rails. Some drilling is involved.

ghfgh.jpg

Do you have a link for the lateral supports.

I got them from https://www.compactcampingconcepts.com/

I got the unfinished ones and then painted them myself. I was in a hurry for a trip to Zion so had to throw it together quickly. If I had more time and money, I'd get everything powder coated or use bedliner spray on them. I got the cross bar (square 1.25") and angle iron for a local metal shop. Then I found comparable from Home Depot for cheaper! I went with 2" angle iron, which is overkill. 

55 minutes ago, 3tspapat said:

I got them from https://www.compactcampingconcepts.com/

I got the unfinished ones and then painted them myself. I was in a hurry for a trip to Zion so had to throw it together quickly. If I had more time and money, I'd get everything powder coated or use bedliner spray on them. I got the cross bar (square 1.25") and angle iron for a local metal shop. Then I found comparable from Home Depot for cheaper! I went with 2" angle iron, which is overkill. 

Thanks. 

ghfgh.thumb.jpg.42bac369f0de91ba918697f60e48735e.jpg
That looks really good. Im looking at Putco right now, I heard a number of $1600.00 installed. [emoji53]

Thanks! I was looking at some of the super high end ones and loved how they looked so rugged. Then decided just to go the DIY route and spend the money elsewhere. I must say I have received numerous complements from people looking for racks. From those who already have pre-fab racks I get nothing but stares and hate ?

On 12/23/2020 at 7:56 AM, MaverickC2 said:

I have a Retrax XR with Yakima Outpost HD System. When attached to the Retrax you get 300lbs on-road and 180lbs off-road. Should be enough to support a tent.

https://yakima.com/products/tonneau-kit-1

IMG_1197.jpg

Looks good, do you have more pics of your setup?!

Looking at a 3-4 person iCamper roof top tent. When I look at the specs of this yakima outpost HD rack, it days 500 lb on road max. Not sure if the static weight of the tent (155lbs) + two average size adults + and 2 young girls will work?