Rubber loose at bottom of windshield

Hello, I picked up this 2016 GMC Sierra last week and I did not see it at the time but it appears the rubber is loose at the bottom of the windshield.  Does anyone know if this is a problem or would this allow water to get where it shouldn't?  Is this rubber piece (not sure what the exact part name is) supposed to be sealed tight to the glass and direct water away or does this sit loose on the glass?  Thanks

20210115_174314.jpg

20210116_173451.jpg

It comes off when you get a windshield replaced. Looks like it wasn't installed back right. You could try to adjust it, or stop by a windshield shop and see if they have an idea. It keeps debris out mostly, not sure it needs to be water tight. 

6 hours ago, ftwhite said:

It comes off when you get a windshield replaced. Looks like it wasn't installed back right. You could try to adjust it, or stop by a windshield shop and see if they have an idea. It keeps debris out mostly, not sure it needs to be water tight. 

thanks for the reply, that is a good idea to check with a windshield shop

• 3 years later...

Anyone know of where to get a replacement part for this? Mine has the same issue but worse shape. All my online digging gets me nowhere, not sure if they're made on the cowl or if they're just a rubber mold I could replace 

On 2/26/2024 at 1:53 PM, scoob007 said:

Ok so it is one peice. Thank you, it was driving me crazy. I didn't want to spend $200 on the part and just the grille show up 😅

I replaced the two side air intake panels as well. The sun did a number on them and the contrast between the two would have driven my crazy. 

Driver's side - 22776513

Passenger side - 23178017 

Hope this helps. 

• Like 1