P0711 and P0700 and transmission class action

We know someone with a 2016 escalade and they got a letter saying that as a result of the class action lawsuit on the transmission, they could get it fixed for free if they are getting the P0711 engine code.

We have a 2015 Yukon Denali, and we have experienced the common "jerk" in the transmission in this vehicle ever since we bought it and just recently got the engine light with the P0711 and P0700.

We never received a letter, but since we know someone with the same car (mostly) who got the letter, I called the stealership to find out more details, and they said that our vin was not one of the ones "included in the class action".

I called GMC customer service, they said the same thing.  I was trying to ask them why this is, it has the same transmission model the class act is about, we experienced the problem that the class action is about, we have the engine code, I have no idea why this should not be included.

The class action is clearly about the 8L90 and 8L45 transmissions.  Its not just about certain vins.

The lady at GMC couldn't give me a straight answer and just said it might have to do with the date it was assembled, or the plant it was assembled at, or where the parts came from, etc.

I'm thinking more like they just picked out which vins they wanted to fix for whatever selfish reasons.

Just looking to get a discussion going, to see what opinions or experiences people have to share...

• 11 months later...

I know its a year old, but I'd love to revive this discussion. Just bought a 17 XL Denali. It has the P0711 code, shudders in most/all gears, and was filled with the same faulty hydroscopic fluid from the factory, same defective trans temp sensor and harness, causing all of the same failures. I have the 6.2 mated to the 8 speed just like other covered vehicles, but for some reason GM is only covering the 15 and 16 models under a special service bulletin. Also omitting 5.3 engines. Tech at the dealership tells me the new fluid has completely fixed every case like this he's seen. The fluid retains water. The water on the clutch causes the shudder. They know the part (fluid) is defective, but refuse to cover for all vehicles involved. GM says, If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck... Ill need to see the vin. Sorry, your vin says your not a duck. That'll be $2500 please. Its maddening.

Edited by MN Yukon
Autocorrect gnomes were drunk

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...