Manual Seats vs Power Seats

I have a 19 double cab Custom TB that my wife can’t drive because the seat doesn’t go high enough fro her to see over the hood when all the way forward. I want to trade for crew cab LT TB to get more room for my son/car seat, and power seats. Does anyone know how high up the power cloth seat goes vs the manual seat?

Non of the dealers near me have any trucks in stock to try out

Edited by AtomicYJ

Had 19 RST 1500 and now a 20 2500 LT...(same interior)..either the seats are really low or hood is exceptionally tall,  the power seats go up probably 1.5"s maybe 2" at highest setting...cant imagine anyone needing it higher....

one of the reasons i didnt get a custom was seating without power was too low...she should be fine with power

they do have riser kits for manual seats that raise it 1" i believe...if thats only issue.

The lack of power seats and lack of space in the back with the new car seat and my much larger son are the two issues with the truck.

If its not too much trouble would you be able to measure the distance from the point where the seat and back cushions meet to the recessed part of the roof with the seat all the way forward and up?

I measured mine there earlier and got 39” but I think I need to double check

Edited by AtomicYJ

I love my Trail Boss, but I have 1 rule. The wife cannot drive it. A loaded Trail Boss does not get memory seats as an option. Imo, get an LTZ or High Country and have the dealer install the Trail Boss lift kit. You'll thank me for it one day. Since it's your truck you can be memory seating 1 and she can be memory seating 2. Program the memory seat setting to her profile and key in the truck and it'll automatically adjust when she unlocks the truck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, Transient said:

I love my Trail Boss, but I have 1 rule. The wife cannot drive it. A loaded Trail Boss does not get memory seats as an option. Imo, get an LTZ or High Country and have the dealer install the Trail Boss lift kit. You'll thank me for it one day. Since it's your truck you can be memory seating 1 and she can be memory seating 2. Program the memory seat setting to her profile and key in the truck and it'll automatically adjust when she unlocks the truck.

If we were going to regularly switch driving the truck I’d consider that. But I’m deploying for the third time, and I’m going to be gone for the better part of a year. I want my wife to be able to drive the truck so if her horse has an emergeny and she needs to trailer him she can. When I get back, I’ll be driving it 98% of the time anyway. I definitley regret the double cab vs crew cab, that’s the other big reason for trading up. My son fights getting in the car seat and there’s just not enough space in the back anymore

Edited by AtomicYJ

Every time that I wanted to swap a car, the number one rule is that my wife can drive it.

I wanted a Wrangler with a 5 speed, however went automatic and got my wife’s ok to buy.

I agree with getting some of the bells and whistles. My wife loves the Denali and feels that it is a nice as the Cadillac that I used to have.

If we were going to regularly switch driving the truck I’d consider that. But I’m deploying for the third time, and I’m going to be gone for the better part of a year. I want my wife to be able to drive the truck so if her horse has an emergeny and she needs to trailer him she can. When I get back, I’ll be driving it 98% of the time anyway. I definitley regret the double cab vs crew cab, that’s the other big reason for trading up. My son fights getting in the car seat and there’s just not enough space in the back anymore
You'll love the crew cab. I'm stuffing 3 kids back there, and none of them are whining about lack of space. Ages are 3, 6, and 10. The 2 younger ones are obviously in car seats.

My wife is getting ready to deploy in a few months. She's Navy. I'm a veteran that was demoted to dependa via marriage. I met her after getting out of the Marines. We hat married 2 years later. 3 years after that she joined. Which branch are you in?

Every time that I wanted to swap a car, the number one rule is that my wife can drive it.
I wanted a Wrangler with a 5 speed, however went automatic and got my wife’s ok to buy.

I agree with getting some of the bells and whistles. My wife loves the Denali and feels that it is a nice as the Cadillac that I used to have.
My wife has her car, and I have mine. She likes the power of the truck (6.2), but hates the size. Memory 2 in her car is my settings. That's because I'm expected to maintain it for her, and that sometimes involves a drive.

25 minutes ago, gregus73 said:

That’s a good rule. I rushed quite a bit getting the CTB because my truck before it died on the side of the highway in a hurricane

15 minutes ago, Transient said:

You'll love the crew cab. I'm stuffing 3 kids back there, and none of them are whining about lack of space. Ages are 3, 6, and 10. The 2 younger ones are obviously in car seats.

My wife is getting ready to deploy in a few months. She's Navy. I'm a veteran that was demoted to dependa via marriage. I met her after getting out of the Marines. We hat married 2 years later. 3 years after that she joined. Which branch are you in?

Good to here on the crew cab. I’m Army, was active until last year, now Guard. I wish your wife luck and hope she’s not going to Djibouti. Thank you for your service

Good to here on the crew cab. I’m Army, was active until last year, now Guard. I wish your wife luck and hope she’s not going to Djibouti. Thank you for your service
Thanks. She's not headed to Africa any time soon. She's not in a grey hull, either.

Thank you for your service. Hopefully you're not headed to DC anytime soon.

13 minutes ago, Transient said:

Thanks. She's not headed to Africa any time soon. She's not in a grey hull, either.

Thank you for your service. Hopefully you're not headed to DC anytime soon.

Thank you! Glad to hear she’s not to Camp Lemmonier. That place sucks. I’m getting an all expenses paid European vacation. We’re actually getting a substandard living allowance. Which I didn’t even know the Army did, so we’re going to the crap part of Europe

Thank you! Glad to hear she’s not to Camp Lemmonier. That place sucks. I’m getting an all expenses paid European vacation. We’re actually getting a substandard living allowance. Which I didn’t even know the Army did, so we’re going to the crap part of Europe
Is it the same thing as OCONUS COLA? If so, that's with all branches.

8 hours ago, Transient said:

Is it the same thing as OCONUS COLA? If so, that's with all branches.

No, its only $200-$250/mo. COLA should be way more than that. I know Air Force guys that got it when they were posted to an Army base

Edited by AtomicYJ

20 hours ago, AtomicYJ said:

The lack of power seats and lack of space in the back with the new car seat and my much larger son are the two issues with the truck.

If its not too much trouble would you be able to measure the distance from the point where the seat and back cushions meet to the recessed part of the roof with the seat all the way forward and up?

I measured mine there earlier and got 39” but I think I need to double check

sorry man i dont want to lose my setting, took me forever to find it......not the easiest trucks to be comfortable in, but for sure its minimum of 1.5 inches in height and probably closer to 2" and seat goes way forward.........i also have 2500 so am not sure if its exactly same as 1500s but sure feels like my 2019.......you can go sit in any new truck with power seats it will be same, doesnt have to be trailboss

like Transient said buy LTZ or HC and just throw factory lift on with your choice of tires.....or sell your stock LTZ wheels and throw on TB wheels (moneywise a wash)......the lifts on these are really basic not much to them and run about $1700 installed if thats the route you wanna go.....