New member introduction. . .

Hello everybody, I just recently bought a 2017 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab Short Box. It was a 1 owner with 21K miles. So far I have zero complaints and have it sitting in driveway as stock as the day it rolled off the assembly line(except for windows tints but those don't count). This will change in time :D Future plans include either a level or ~3.5" lift(haven't decided yet), Bilstein or Eibachs(still undecided), exhaust (been looking into corsa or Borla s type), tires have been super stressful in deciding what I want to do (I have had BFG KO2 and Duratracs on my Jeep Commander and truthfully I loved them both)....I just wanted to post an introduction to the forum...ill have better pictures when the temps are above the teens aebfdc75518bd5440332bc7f15a9f062.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum and it looks great the way it sits, so there's that! I have a 16 midnight and it is stock too as I haven't decided on my mods list yet either.

But anyway welcome and I hope you enjoy checking out all the build threads for some great ideas on where to go from here

21970d698ea6f2c53b8f84355b1e73fe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

I have been creeping in the shadows for the last few weeks or so all over this forum checking out different builds/ideas lol. One question i haven't been able to find anywhere is about the Z71 badge and seeing your truck threw me for an even bigger loop. I thought that the 2018s had the Z71 badge on the doors and 2014s-2017s had it on the side of the bed. So is this something you did(I know you mentioned your was stock but didn't know if that included such a minor mod)? If not, was there a reason some had the badge on the door vs a sticker on the bed?

• Like 1

I have been creeping in the shadows for the last few weeks or so all over this forum checking out different builds/ideas lol. One question i haven't been able to find anywhere is about the Z71 badge and seeing your truck threw me for an even bigger loop. I thought that the 2018s had the Z71 badge on the doors and 2014s-2017s had it on the side of the bed. So is this something you did(I know you mentioned your was stock but didn't know if that included such a minor mod)? If not, was there a reason some had the badge on the door vs a sticker on the bed?

So in 2016 they added the z71 badge on the door as an option. I've never seen that badge on a 14 or 15 factory of this gen but 16 is the first year I've seen it. They are always found on midnight editions and have to be a z71 suspension option to even have it, IE: you can't get the Z71 badges if you have a truck without the Z71 package itself.

I've seen some white and I think some silver ones that have it but they are almost always on black trucks. You can option the door badge for a cool 150$ when building your truck online 'back in the day' and select in in lew of the Z71 bed sticker.

The big z71 door badge on mine is only a chevy thing as well, not on GMCs at all. Any on the fender have a different design and are only on sierras, no chevy trucks. You could always get the Z71 bedside sticker delete or get the big door badge instead otherwise Z71 optioned trucks came with a bedside sticker standard. Also the midnight editions like mine the door badge is a part of the midnight edition package, and no others as far as I'm aware. I've seen knockoff badges on ebay and Amazon before, they are 8 inches wide IIRC...

In 2018 they stopped this badge as an option as the 2019 was the new(and current T1 platform) and the 2019 K2 platforms (like ours) where 'Legacy' models which were relegated to basically WT or LS trims clearing out GMs parts bin of all the old stuff before retooling th factories to make the new generation.

Hope this essay of a response answered your question lol [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk