6.6 Gas Tranny cooler line-CHECK

So I've had a rough 2weeks.  The DEF tank heater on my 2020 HC Duramax went out and truck was done for 2.5 weeks.  Then the high pressure fuel pump went out on one of our 2020 6.6 gas (81k on it).  Now our other 2020 6.6 gas went down when the tranny cooler line popped off and spewed all the fluid out.  I'm pointing this one out as it could possibly save some others a headache.  On one side of the hose you can see it was clamped tight.  The other side clamp barely made a mark on the hose and it popped off.  This truck has 61k on it so is just out of warranty.  Because we have a plow on it GM wouldn't cover it.  So something to check to make sure it's clamped on tight.  Unfortunatly it took out the transmission.  We located a used one from a totaled truck with only 1800 miles on it but still a $4500.00 repair.

IMG_7017.jpeg

IMG_7018.jpeg

I know the mileage was a little over, but why was it denied a warranty repair based on having a plow attached? Seems like it would be the same pressure on the line plowing, towing, etc. It doesn't look like it was snagged off, looks like a poorly attached from factory.

Apparently that’s one of the questions (plow) that is asked if it’s a bit over the mileage.  I’m with you, had nothing to do with the hose coming off due to not being clamped properly.  The hose is on national back order due to many others with the same issue.  I know stuff happens but man it’s been a frustrating couple of weeks.  

• 1 month later...