random vibration/harmonic

On 3/27/2021 at 7:45 AM, silveradosid said:

would really like to know what they find, i have the same problem but it is at 1600 rpms at any speed

Dealer called and said it was the adaptive exhaust valve. Apparently it can fail and make that vibration. To fix it they would replace the exhaust and take $1000. I said nah and I'll figure something else out. Maybe time for a cat back.

1 hour ago, silveradosid said:

i use a range device and have had the valve  bolted open, so i guess i will have to find what is causing it

yeah thats what they told me but I'm still skeptical. when i go to pick it up ill ask how they test it and if i can get it to go away by doing exactly what you did.

On 3/30/2021 at 6:41 AM, silveradosid said:

i use a range device and have had the valve  bolted open, so i guess i will have to find what is causing it

well i got some more news. the radiator was leaking so they replaced that. they lubed up the adaptive valve and it was doing the wash board vibration bad and it was determined it has a failing torque converter.

first time ive ever had a warranty pay for its self. all i have to pay for is the fluid and filter change.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, silveradosid said:

well i glad they actually found the problem and are going to fix it, what did they charge to do the rad

yep all will be fixed the rad is also covered. for all of it i only have to pay $280 for fluid and filter change in the trans. it should be done tomorrow and i will ask them what this would have all cost me out of pocket without warranty. 

Edited by djw88
  • Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 6:45 AM, silveradosid said:

did you have any fluctuations in the rpms or just the vibrations

not really. maybe slight variations but mostly a washboard vibration feel

On 4/6/2021 at 6:45 AM, silveradosid said:

did you have any fluctuations in the rpms or just the vibrations

what the dealer did was hook up a scan tool while driving and when the truck had the vibrations he was able to de activate the TCC and the vibration went away. so they knew it was a failing torque converter. 

• Like 1