Wiper Blades?

Where is everyone getting wiper blades? I'm trying to buy some off  OEM Parts site and it's over $53 for two friggin blades! The dang arms are made so that you have to use their blades. Has anyone come up with another solution to this mess? Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Coz said:

Where is everyone getting wiper blades? I'm trying to buy some off  OEM Parts site and it's over $53 for two friggin blades! The dang arms are made so that you have to use their blades. Has anyone come up with another solution to this mess? Thanks!

If you want the best, go for the Bosch Icon.  They will last much longer than other brands and the cost is well justified for the quality.  I use these exclusively after the stock blades wear out.

If you are not all that concerned about quality and just need something to get the job done, get whatever the local parts store has on sale instead of OEM.  That'll save you some cash.

What I am asking about is the odd wiper arms have a specific squared end that doesn't fit typical blades found everywhere. It has a square end that only matches up to original GM Blades. I'm hoping there is a better source for them than paying over $50 for 2 dang blades!

1 minute ago, btj_z71 said:

If you want the best, go for the Bosch Icon.  They will last much longer than other brands and the cost is well justified for the quality.  I use these exclusively after the stock blades wear out.

If you are not all that concerned about quality and just need something to get the job done, get whatever the local parts store has on sale instead of OEM.  That'll save you some cash.

Thanks, I don't mind paying for good ones. I just don't want to pay GM premium prices for standard type blades. The wipers and arms look great but DANG! 

My experience with Bosch blades has not been positive. Low life and horrible streaking after a short time....

Maybe I should try them again, but the last set I had weren't noteworthy at all.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, GrumpyAeroGuy said:

The blade I posted above does have the GM bayonet mount...

OK, great, The picture doesn't look like it but I will certainly check them out! I have an Advanced Auto Store close by.

OK, great, The picture doesn't look like it but I will certainly check them out! I have an Advanced Auto Store close by.
There is an adapter clip that is in the package, snaps over the blade mount, and clips right on our trucks.

Worked well on my truck.

Btw, I agree, sometimes I wish GM would try not to be as "special" on this kind of stuff.

1 minute ago, GrumpyAeroGuy said:

There is an adapter clip that is in the package, snaps over the blade mount, and clips right on our trucks.

Worked well on my truck.

Btw, I agree, sometimes I wish GM would try not to be as "special" on this kind of stuff.

I see that now doing more research that there are several adapters in the package. Good deal! Thanks very much everyone for your help.

I get all my blades from Rock Auto.  Much cheaper even when shipping is included.  They sell most of the name brands.

IE: Trico neo-form 16-2213 is only $6.91 plus shipping. 

Shipping for a pair of blades is $7 to my location.  I suspect other locations are similar.

Shipping doesn't increase much with additional blades. 

That same blade is listed in another post for $21 (pre coupon cost)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coz said:

I bought my last ones off Amazon, worked & fit fine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082VQ7MV1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

I use ACDelco 8-902215 on my truck - They fit perfect and last a long time through many different seasons in the North East.
I agree. I have used those as well with no complaints. Around here, the dealers crank those up in price, so I go the anco route.

I recently put on a set of Rain-X wipers.  They have a universal mounting system where all of the adapters are on the blade already and you peel off adapters until you get down to the one that fits your vehicle.  I don't like how they look, with the big pile of adapters on it.  The originals were much lower profile.