UPDATE TWO - 2021 Yukon AT4 - System Update v153.3.8

UPDATE TWO -  I let the update run and when done, battery was dead.  Used OnStar for service call to jump and then took to dealer to check.  On the way vehicle was throwing every error message including "Service Steering Column".  Dealer fully charged and checked battery and reset to factory settings.  When I put in park at home, the update message came on again (see below).  So I let it run.  Checked back in an hour and there was a sucessful update message (see below).  Vehicle started right up no issues so all good.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

UPDATE - Yes it is a software update....message came on radio screen.....do you want to start now (60 minutes).  If so, turn ignition off.

Vehicle is now updating...will check back on it in an hour to see if finished and shut down.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Has happened a couple of times.  Turn off the ignition and exit the vehicle.  The dash and dome lights as well as the radio stay on.  

Open and closed the door(s) a few times but still on.

Locking with key fob shut everything down.

In searching forums this has been an issue with other GM trucks/SUVs in the past.

Most frequent solution is the system is updating and will shut off when done, especially when hooked to wifi.

Will monitor more specifically.

ONE.jpg

TWO.jpg

THREE.jpg

Edited by Adplusone