Question about rear blocks for someone who installed Icon stage one

I ordered the stage 1 Icon kit and some LT275/65r20 tires for my 2020 diesel crew cab std bed 1500. Does the stage 1 kit sit level or does it retain factory rake?  I tow frequently and want to maintain the same rake as factory.  If blocks are needed, what’s the recommended block?

Also didn’t go with UCAs as the only off-road the truck sees are dirt roads to boat  ramps while towing. 

edit:  also, will the Speedo need correcting?

Thanks for your input

Edited by Time2gofishing1980

Adjustable coilovers are just that, adjustable, so you can take the rake out or leave it in.  You'll need UCAs if you plan to raise it up much though.  

The tires you selected are not factory size are they?  So you'll need to correct speedo if you want it accurate.

I got the stage 2 coil overs and tubular UCAs, fabtech rear shocks for the 4” lift kit as most lifts are designed to level, also used a 2.25” rear block which sits right in the middle of the travel for those shocks. My coilovers came set at 1.9” lift over factory~. It’s designed to level. I also have the Max tow so I wanted stiffer suspension to retain my 12k towing cap. I would recommend between 1.5” and 2” block if you don’t want the nose to be in the air. the stage one is not as stiff and the shocks in that kit are designed for off-road purpose which makes them a little squishy, I have not used them so I couldn’t tell you for sure just an educated guess. Just remember that those shocks are designed without a block, they say they’re good for up to 2”, so you’re putting them at the top end of the travel which will affect how they absorb “shock”. Doesn’t sound like it should matter but sometimes people overlook that.

As far as speedo goes, compare the new tire size(diameter) to stock, if it’s off by less than 1” I wouldn’t waste your time or money trying to recalibrate the speedo, if it’s over an inch you’ll be off about 5 mph over 55. 35-50 is about 3 mph difference.

Hope this helps, you’ll be happy with that suspension and icons customer service is really good. If you’re still not sure they will be happy to help you make an informed decision. 

Edited by Sierra50BMG
More info

On 4/14/2021 at 12:52 PM, Sierra50BMG said:

I got the stage 2 coil overs and tubular UCAs, fabtech rear shocks for the 4” lift kit as most lifts are designed to level, also used a 2.25” rear block which sits right in the middle of the travel for those shocks. My coilovers came set at 1.9” lift over factory~. It’s designed to level. I also have the Max tow so I wanted stiffer suspension to retain my 12k towing cap. I would recommend between 1.5” and 2” block if you don’t want the nose to be in the air. the stage one is not as stiff and the shocks in that kit are designed for off-road purpose which makes them a little squishy, I have not used them so I couldn’t tell you for sure just an educated guess. Just remember that those shocks are designed without a block, they say they’re good for up to 2”, so you’re putting them at the top end of the travel which will affect how they absorb “shock”. Doesn’t sound like it should matter but sometimes people overlook that.

As far as speedo goes, compare the new tire size(diameter) to stock, if it’s off by less than 1” I wouldn’t waste your time or money trying to recalibrate the speedo, if it’s over an inch you’ll be off about 5 mph over 55. 35-50 is about 3 mph difference.

Hope this helps, you’ll be happy with that suspension and icons customer service is really good. If you’re still not sure they will be happy to help you make an informed decision. 

i installed the kit. Very happy with it although I definitely need about 1.5” in the back. Where did you get your blocks?

The tires have a diameter of 34.4”. I’ll probably get the speedo corrected. Is there a preferred module?

fuel economy went goodbye the lift and LT tires but that was anticipated 😂

Edited by Time2gofishing1980

On 4/17/2021 at 5:49 AM, Time2gofishing1980 said:

i installed the kit. Very happy with it although I definitely need about 1.5” in the back. Where did you get your blocks?

The tires have a diameter of 34.4”. I’ll probably get the speedo corrected. Is there a preferred module?

fuel economy went goodbye the lift and LT tires but that was anticipated 😂

Local shop had one on hand from ready lift I think. I have the pulsar LT which does a lot more than tire size calibration. Your fuel economy won’t be accurate because your odometer is off from those tires.