2018 Sierra Backup Sensor Alarm

Hi guys, just got my truck. I noticed that when I park close to something, the backup sensors go off (normal), although when I put it in park and take the keys out, it continues to beep and does not shut off. I recently found out this morning that I can get it to shut off by turning the light knob to the left where the spring return power indicator is. Any ideas as to why this happens?

Picture is of inside the truck, I’m not sure what the numbers are, a distance measurement of some sort I’m sure as this is where it beeps from, and also number get smaller as I get closer to an object.

Excuse my ignorance, im new to GM lol

2abf690c6dc6125aa9df5232518f2414.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Guessing here, but I think you have an after market sensor. Your OEM standard sensor distance should show up in your center dash info center. At least it does on my 2017 Silverado. I will assume the PO wired it up to a "constant" 12V instead of a "power on" when car is turned on, probably connected to that switch you referred to. Hope this helps.

Backup Parking Sensor installation guide