2021 2500 Denali Tire Question

Taking delivery Thursday of a new 2500 Denali. Been trying to find which level kit to go with and I cant find a solid answer on if 37x12.50 will fit on the stock 20” tires without having to cut or do I need to go with 35’s? Looking at cognito kit and or rough country with the control arms. Any help Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 
Jason

I have a 20 Silverado 2500 with a 3” superlift and 37x12.50-18 nitto ridge grapplers on factory 18” wheels.  The super lift kit includes tubular control arms that are shaped at a better angle than the factory ones.  Among other things, it also comes with a 1.5” rear block.  

Mine rubs at absolute full lock on the frame, doesn’t bother me a bit.  The only thing that was cut was a very small lower portion of the felt fender liner on the bumper side of the wheel well on each side.  

if you get my truck in an off camber position and turn the wheel to full lock, it will touch the control arm slightly and the sway bar.  That’s something that rarely happens with my driving style.  My truck is rarely ever off the pavement.  

Something else to consider-A close friend of mine has the same truck with aftermarket keys, shock extenders, 1” block in the rear (using factory upper control arms).  He’s running a 295/65-20 on factory wheels with zero rub, but his upper control arms are too close to the frame stop, and as a result, his truck rides no where near as well as mine.  I’ve also seen a truck leveled with 325/60-20 on factory wheels that looked good.   

But in my opinion, a 1.5” rear block that comes with superlift and rough country kits sets the truck up just a bit too much to only run a 35”(295/65) tire.  It needs a bit more to fill out the fender well.

Thanks for the info. I ordered the cognito 3” leveling kit with new arms, keys and fox shocks and 1” rear blocks. I’m gonna try and go with a 37x12.50. If it rubs at full lock then it’s not a biggie to me as my last 2 did as well but I hardly ever have to turn that much. Ill post pics once I get her done. 

4 hours ago, 2011Chevy said:

Awesome.  Please let us know how it turns out.  What brand of tire are you thinking of running?

I wanted to go with a toyo rt as I’ve had those on my last truck and love them however they are hard to get right now. They have the BFG KM3’s in stock so I’m probably gonna go that route. 

4 hours ago, 2011Chevy said:

Awesome.  Please let us know how it turns out.  What brand of tire are you thinking of running?

I wanted to go with a toyo rt as I’ve had those on my last truck and love them however they are hard to get right now. They have the BFG KM3’s in stock so I’m probably gonna go that route. 

The toyo RT is one I haven’t tried but will on my next set of tires.  I’ve had a few sets of ridge grapplers, toyo MT’s and nitto trail grappler MT.  All were good, with the ridge grappler and toyo MT at the top of my list.

I’ve not ran BFG AT’s in 6-7 years and those were horrible at balancing and keeping balanced (factory sized tire).....I pretty much decided I was done with them after that because it was not the first bad experience I’d had with their AT tire on a truck.

I’m not suggesting that I know that their current offerings are no good-they may have it dialed in at this point.  

That looks great!

How does it ride on the rough country system?  I believe that kit has a 1.5” block for the rear, same as my superlift 3”.  Did you run the RC shocks that come with that kit?

I saw those BFG muds for the first time in person on Friday and liked the looks of them.  What’s your opinion on the noise level?  Did they take a lot of weight to balance out?

Edited by 2011Chevy

13 hours ago, 2011Chevy said:

That looks great!

How does it ride on the rough country system?  I believe that kit has a 1.5” block for the rear, same as my superlift 3”.  Did you run the RC shocks that come with that kit?

I saw those BFG muds for the first time in person on Friday and liked the looks of them.  What’s your opinion on the noise level?  Did they take a lot of weight to balance out?

Thanks. I did put the rough country shocks on and it rides really good. The tires I was worried where gonna be loud as my last tires where Toyo RT’s. The KM3 ride really good and very impressed with them so far. They are a little louder than the Toyos but I have to say they are quiet for a mud time. I’m really liking them so far. 

On 5/19/2021 at 12:22 AM, Laurent Kim said:

I've also decided on the Cognito 3" leveling kit with 1" rear lift block.  How do you like the ride quality so far?  I'm also planning to replace the torsion bars.

Thanks!

I went with rough country kit instead. So far it rides and drives great and zero complaints.