AT4 ReadyLift SST 4wd issue

Hello, trying to get a little feedback from anyone who have installed the ReadyLift SST 2 inch kit on their 1500 AT4.

I have the SST kit installed on my 2021 Sierra 1500 AT4 and rides fine in 2wd. I understand ReadyLift doesn't recommend driving in Auto 4Hi, which is fine. ReadyLift says it is fine in 4Hi or 4Lo, however I'm getting vibrations in 4Hi. The shop who installed it, does a lot of work with lift kits, etc., and they have checked just about everything. 

Wondering if anyone else having this issue with 4Hi on the AT4. 

Thanks

its either angle of cv shafts (4" is lot for standard geometry) or its interferring with boot/cv axles is my guess.......shouldnt have a problem running any 4WD mode if done properly....I have heard of issues with Ready Lift TB kits and 4WD modes.....it would concern me if a company says our kit hinders normally functioning operation of the drive system.....something isnt right

I would check out those 2 things

• Like 2

On 5/16/2021 at 5:46 PM, doggfatherone said:

I understand ReadyLift doesn't recommend driving in Auto 4Hi, which is fine. ReadyLift says it is fine in 4Hi or 4Lo,

You lost me with this quote?

I agree with Dunn, how did they get a GM approval if there are issues?

It sucks for sure.  I have researched a ton and it appears the only way to do this and not have issues it to drop the differential.  BDS makes a great 4" kit but you are going to spend about $3,000.  I looked at the readylift for my AT4 but just can't pull the trigger due to the stress on the CV's due to the angles, the diff has to drop.

Edited by Rackumrack
  • Like 1

Or just but a drop kit..I haven't found many though just by themselves....maybe BDS/Zone will sell them independently but good luck getting ahold of them

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 10:54 PM, JimCost2014 said:

You lost me with this quote?

I agree with Dunn, how did they get a GM approval if there are issues?

@JimCost2014The quote is on @readyliftwebsite. https://www.readylift.com/at4-trail-boss-plus-2-0-sst-lift-kit-gm-1500-at4-trail-boss-4wd-2019.html

On 5/18/2021 at 1:58 PM, Rackumrack said:

It sucks for sure.  I have researched a ton and it appears the only way to do this and not have issues it to drop the differential.  BDS makes a great 4" kit but you are going to spend about $3,000.  I looked at the readylift for my AT4 but just can't pull the trigger due to the stress on the CV's due to the angles, the diff has to drop.

@Rackumrack Yeah, I may take the @readylift SST kit off due to the cv angles and ride issues.

54 minutes ago, doggfatherone said:

May be a dumb question, but did you double check to make sure the shop installed the correct kit, The 69-3920 SST Lift Kit works with the factory 2" front lift.