Remote start - auto fans

I have a 21 custom Silverado 1500. Whenever I remote start the fans always kick on full blast, even with the fans off to begin with.  Is this normal for this trim level?  My other vehicle I could enable or disable that feature but this one doesn’t have that. 

There is a vehicle personalization feature for auto fan speed - not sure if that will affect the speed. You can set it low, med, or high when the climate controls are in auto. What is the ambient and interior temps like when you auto start the car? FWIW, mine does not blow crazy fast when I auto start on a mild day. If it's hot, then yes it blows harder. They typically try to control to the low 70s during auto start.

2 hours ago, ATfore said:

There is a vehicle personalization feature for auto fan speed - not sure if that will affect the speed. You can set it low, med, or high when the climate controls are in auto. What is the ambient and interior temps like when you auto start the car? FWIW, mine does not blow crazy fast when I auto start on a mild day. If it's hot, then yes it blows harder. They typically try to control to the low 70s during auto start.

I looked in the personalization settings and couldn’t find anything for that.
The custom doesn’t have the auto climate feature. No digital dials. Just the manual dials without the digital temp. If I auto start and passengers get in before I turn the key they just get blasted with cold air. Would be nice to have it engage at what the dial is previously set at.

Wasn’t sure if it was supposed to have the fan feature to change with auto start and was just missing it. It was missing the rear seat reminder feature so It wouldn’t surprise me lol. 

On the custom trim it’s all based on ambient temps outside bc it doesn’t have dual climate control...unfortunately their is no way to control the fan speed on remote starts it goes on full blast all the time 

Here's how it works on manual climate:

#PIT5736A: Manual HVAC Settings During a Remote Start - Diagnostic Tip - (Oct 8, 2020)

Brand:

Model:

Model Year:

VIN:

Engine:

Transmission:

from

to

from

to

Chevrolet

Silverado 1500 (New Model)

All

All

All

All

Chevrolet

Silverado

2020-2021

All

All

All

All

GMC

Sierra 1500 (New Model)

All

All

All

All

GMC

Sierra

2020-2021

All

All

All

All

Involved Region or Country

North America

Additional Options (RPO)

Single Zone Manual HVAC RPO C67 or C4P

Condition

Some owners may question how the HVAC system operates during a remote vehicle start (RVS) event.

Cause

Vehicle Owner / Dealership Technician Inquiries.

Function: 

Cold ambient temperature - below 50°F (10°C): 

Mode = Defrost

Temperature = Full Hot 

Blower = 8

Recirculation = Fresh Air 

A/C compressor = Only commanded on if conditions allow compressor engagement.

Hot ambient temperature - above 59°F (15°C):

Mode = Panel Vents

Temperature = Full Cold

Blower =  8

Recirculation = Recirculate 

A/C compressor = On

Mid ambient temperature - anything in between "cold" and "hot" ambient temperature values that are listed above:

Mode = Last known setting

Temperature = Last known setting

Blower =  Last known setting

Recirculation = Last known setting

A/C compressor = Last known setting