If anyone has tried it, does anyone know if you can disable the DRLs just by disconnecting the two wires that power them from the BCM? I don't know if there is a monitoring circuit internal or external to the BCM which may trigger error codes if they are disconnected or will that do the trick?

its on a Sierra with LEDs.

I doubt there is any monitoring for the DRL signal, its 12v on bright mode and 9v on dim mode for night time driving.

I've shorted the two right out of the BCM to get rid of the wink (one side turns off when the turn signal is on) and i never got any BCM errors or codes.

If I were you, I'd just properly remove the pins according to the GM Upfitter manual as to not damage them and see if you get any errors. If you do get errors or codes then just put the pins back in their spot.

Why do you want to get rid of the DRLs?

I've just never been a fan of lights that have a mind of their own. I actually would like to install a switch on them. Probably use a relay with the DRL on a normally closed contact where the relay activates with the ignition, that way the lights would still function for perimeter lighting, but when the ignition were on I would have a switch to allow me to turn them on and off as I please. The factory opt out requires you to do so every time you drive, that's not good enough.

I removed the led DRL emitters from my headlights all together and installed the product below.  The factory wiring remains disconnected inside the headlights.  I didn't get any codes so there does not appear to be any monitoring circuits.

https://www.oraclelights.com/collections/gmc-sierra-products/products/2019-2020-gmc-sierra-oracle-colorshift-rgb-w-headlight-drl-upgrade

Edited by J2Jones

how was the install? I have been looking at the product also. I actually wanted to redesign those lights so that 1) I put the DRLs on a switch, 2) change the color of the "C" lights to amber when the parking lights are on 3) retain the white "C" lights when only DRLs are active.

then of course enjoy the other colors with say perimeter lighting while keeping everything legal while driving.