2021 trail Boss Custom Led buls and phone button controls

Hi Folks,

I'm brand new to this site, I'm looking for plug and play really brite Led bulbs (high and low) and i would love to know if anyone out there has actually installed the control buttons on the right  of the steering wheel to control the phone only looking to make the push to talk button work im fine with working the radio at the radio. thanks in advance.

Don't just throw in some LED's in your halogen headlights as you will blind the crap out of on coming traffic. Now there are a some that mimic the halogen bulbs filament and shouldn't blind everyone but do your homework so you don't look like johnny the ricer running around with glaring headlights. Also be sure to align them and probably point them down a hair. Mark the lights from stock before putting in the new ones on a wall so you can make sure they are aligned properly after. Even though they might work they are still technically illegal no matter if you get a bulb that mimics the halogen or not as the lamp wasn't designed for LED's or HID's and is almost always called out on the pages that sell them. 

Tyler

Iirc, changing the steering wheel control buttons requires changing the steering wheel to one that does what your looking for, plus a programming from WAMS.  There's a thread in this subforum about it.  Just scroll a few pages and you'll find it. 

On 7/30/2021 at 7:52 AM, Brian2021trailbosscustom said:

Hi Folks,

I'm brand new to this site, I'm looking for plug and play really brite Led bulbs (high and low) and i would love to know if anyone out there has actually installed the control buttons on the right  of the steering wheel to control the phone only looking to make the push to talk button work im fine with working the radio at the radio. thanks in advance.

Sealights LED lights in if you got the regular halogens..There’s a thread on the halogen headlights replacement and the consensus was the Sealights LED. They easy plug and play with no bulky external igniters. They produce a white with a tad of blue light without blinding oncoming traffic. Price was cheap at around 120 on Amazon but I found them for 65 on Ebay, the low and high beam set..  Before installing I marked the halogen bulbs light output and after installing the Sealights LED bulbs they were at the exact spot. No adjusting necessary and haven’t been flashed by on coming drivers. The Sealight bulbs on the passenger side and the OE halogens on the driver side on the attached pic. 

CFDC787A-3778-44DA-A846-A8A31DE51D03.jpeg

The factory radio is capable of using Android auto and Apple Car Play. For Android Auto at least, when the phone is paired I just have to say OK Google and I can make calls, send texts and even listen to new texts. No need for steering wheel controls with this.