2019 Sierra Stab Switch Mod

What I'm trying to do: Create space for a couple of after market switched on my current switch panel.

What it currently looks like: blank-blank-start/stop, tailgate-hazard-tractionasst, supervised windows-blank-blank (pic attached)

What I'd like to do: Since the switches are in groups of three I'd like to take the middle set (tailgate-hazard-traction asst) and move it all the way to the right. Then purchase blank-start/stop - supervised window (part no 84482888). Then purchase blan-blank-blank (part no 84482869).

What it would get me: The left three positions would be blank with no wiring harness attached allowing me to install 2 after market switches into it.

Questions:

1) Will it work?

2) there are 3 wiring harness plugs, are they interchangeable with the switches? Will any switch work on any plug?

20210803_193022_resized.jpg

Wow!  So first and most importantly let’s clear up the any switch any plug. You would need to check to see what they look like on the back. Be sure to check pin configuration. My first answer would be don’t change the harness/plug arrangement. Try and move them together. Everything on that panel runs through the BCM Body Control Module and it loves to blow up with the slightest bit of resistance or shorting so I’d express caution. 

so far as moving switches 2 switches = 2.25 inches and one dummy = 2.25 inches so I’d deduce that movement is possible. I would not under any circumstances cross the harness to a different switch. What may look identical may trigger a completely different signal. Even though most are single function you have some like adjustable accelerator pedal that requires a long hold. The 12v activator is a long hold where hazards are just a single tap on off signal so you just don’t know. I believe you should be able to pull the harness over 2.25 inches. 

hope that gives you some insight 

USMC

• Like 1

Thanks!   Well it sounds like its just not going to work.  Since the switches are grouped by three I can't just move anything over without trying to combine switches. Based on your advice of not switching plugs I'm outta luck. The plug on the left controls 1 switch with 2 blanks, the plug in the middle controls 3 switches, and the plug on the right controls 1 switch with 2 blanks. If I couldn't combine the two single switches then I'm outta luck.  Guess I'll have to lean towards the GM Outfitter option.

Thanks!

Semper Fi!

Have you pulled the pane to see if there is a way to separate the switches? 

I don’t want to be overly cautious, but when it comes to the BCM. I take no chances. I’ve replaced more than one during my folding mirror drama. 

Yes and the parts manual only shows groups of three.  Looking at the thread on auxiliary switch options

I've discovered others trying the same thing to no avail. The default to the Outfitter option or a completely different aftermarket controller like https://www.feniex.com/sirens-controllers/4200-mini-controller  I'm looking into this with a proclipsusa no drill mount.

So let’s move group 1 

110 v

skid

Flashers to the left

then

tail  gate

Auto stop 

hill descent moves left 

now you have a a spot for a 3 bank 

at that point you can buy any s bank and all you need to do is run your own wires to them.  What is it your trying to control with the new space ?

Well actually you would need a 3 bank fill plate or a 2 and 1 because the  gm switches are all dumb. They just tell the BCM to do something. So you would need some type of custom switch that could mount through the fill plates 

My grouping looks like this (attached). So if we go left to right

Group one

Blank

Blank

Start/Stop

Group two

Tailgate

Hazard

Traction Control

Group three

Windows

Blank

Blank

Because they are in blocks of three and I can't separate them I can't move them.

20210803_193022_resized.jpg

Yup, I've seen these and a few install videos.  I'm looking to control a few lights and a power horn.  I think the cost of the upfitter package (switches, trim, panel, harness) is going to make me lean towards the aftermarket controller. It will just depend on how I feel about the proclipsusa mount locations. I don't want to drill holes in the panels just to set a mount.

Btw. Have you been under your dash yet? Gm gives you exactly 1 accessory switched wire that I can find. Slim pickings under the drivers side. Passengers side seems to have more of the optional sources but still much tighter over there due to the ac box.