Service Power steering, trailer brake system

Twice now in the last 2 weeks I've had a Service Power steering and trailer brake system message pop up on start up. Both times I turned it off and on twice and the messages went away. Also both times it was when my wife started it. Not sure if she didn't hold the key in start long enough, or if that would relate in some way.

Any thoughts?

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2021 at 8:56 AM, tyme2par4 said:

Twice now in the last 2 weeks I've had a Service Power steering and trailer brake system message pop up on start up. Both times I turned it off and on twice and the messages went away. Also both times it was when my wife started it. Not sure if she didn't hold the key in start long enough, or if that would relate in some way.

Any thoughts?

I've had that same thing happen a couple of times over the past month or so. When I crank it up I get a warning message about the power steering being unavailable, and the same thing about the trailer system. And, same as you, if I turn it off, let it sit, then back on it goes away (or, it has so far anyway). I took it to a couple of shops and no one seemed to be able to provide any insight. They suggested I take it to the dealer, but they're currently booked out like 2 months for appointments. 

Just a frustrating issue because it happens so randomly, and without any real common thing to point to. I did recently get a new battery, but I had them check it and apparently the battery is giving a good reading. All of the connections seem to be tight as well.