Brake Noise

I know the brake squeal is a rampant problem, my truck included. I have had the brake pads recently replaced. I do not have any new squeal (yet), but I do have a weird noise coming from the rear brakes. Every time I apply the brakes, I hear it. Even my kids do. Hard to describe, but what I think it may be is the pads "grinding" on the retention clips. Has anyone experienced something like this?

Has anyone take the new pads out and greased the backs, the guide pins, and the clips?

thanks 

On 9/28/2021 at 9:30 AM, kylant said:

my new brake noise has been fixed. 

the noise was indeed the tangs of the new pads grinding on the retention/holding clips in the calipers. the noise was actually coming from all 4. 

Thanks for reporting back.  Still waiting on the local dealer to call me back to set up an appointment to get my truck in for the few issues they need to take care of, including the brakes squealing.  

I was told by my local dealer that the pad swap is supposedly only covered to around 7,000 miles but they think they can get mine covered even though it has roughly 15,000. I am sure this is dependent on how much the dealer wants to take care of their customers.