HID upgrade with stock projector.

Just so annoyed.  Tried Head Light Revolution.   Two sets of ballast and bulbs would not work.   Trying Xenon Pro and the focus is freaking horrible.  I know that is a day time photo, but there are like dark circles...where there should be bright light.  

At a loss right now.  Can't afford 1300 new morimoto headlights.  

I will say the fog light upgrade for $200 was a no brainer.  They help alot.

Anyone actually find a hid set that is built for our crappy 2015 projectors??

1002211039.jpg

Are those oem or aftermarket headlights?

The hot spot and poor light output could be due to your projectors and maybe the bulbs are not seated correctly or possibly at a slight angel. Try to adjust the bulbs a little bit to see if that helps. 

What silveradosid posted is your best bet.

• Thanks 1

i had good output with oem projector for a year and then it seemed to be getting worse the second year. when i did the retrofit i discovered that all the chrome in the oem projector was burnt off, could be that they werent designed for the hotter hid. the retrofit is better but not great with 5k bulbs

The best bulb ballast combo for our trucks is the hylux 35w ballast and the morimoto bulb.

the hylux is completely plug and play, literally just connect it, and find a ground. Near oem reliability.

the hylux 45w ballast is different, it is not plug and play.

Just buy these things and call it a day, they are not expensive.

I have a ‘14 slt, same headlight as you. I never tried it with the stock projector as I upgrade to a d2s mini projector. So you could always try the ballast and the bulb and if you don’t like it upgrade the projector.

but d2s mini, hylux ballast, + morimoto bulb = near oem reliability, and $100k luxury car level of headlight quality but more output, for around $350 total if I remember correctly.

1 minute ago, truckguy82 said:

The best bulb ballast combo for our trucks is the hylux 35w ballast and the morimoto bulb.

the hylux is completely plug and play, literally just connect it, and find a ground. Near oem reliability.

the hylux 45w ballast is different, it is not plug and play.

Just buy these things and call it a day, they are not expensive.

I have a ‘14 slt, same headlight as you. I never tried it with the stock projector as I upgrade to a d2s mini projector. So you could always try the ballast and the bulb and if you don’t like it upgrade the projector.

but d2s mini, hylux ballast, + morimoto bulb = near oem reliability, and $100k luxury car level of headlight quality but more output, for around $350 total if I remember correctly.

Ordered the morimoto 35w with canbus and anti flicker.  4300k.  Plug and play no battery connector needed.   Hope this works!!

4 hours ago, gilletteb said:

Ordered the morimoto 35w with canbus and anti flicker.  4300k.  Plug and play no battery connector needed.   Hope this works!!

With the hylux there’s no seperate anti flicker/can bus. You just order the ballast and you’re done. Definitely no battery connections.

it is superior to the morimoto without a doubt. It was recommended to me by a company that sells both products and said the morimoto, while higher quality than some of the other crap out there, has much more problems than the hylux. And sure enough, it’s dead reliable. No idea why’d you’d order the morimoto since it’s not any cheaper.

Edited by truckguy82