High Desert Bed System Removal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2/22/2023 at 6:56 PM, Adrian varela said:

Hey I’m  located in Albuquerque New Mexico and I have the whole High Desert package system available if interested let me know 

Can you tell me what is composed off?

• 2 weeks later...

Love cars,

The High Desert package consists of an electronic controlled magnetic ride control and what most people recognize is the bed system because it is the most noticeable. It is a complete drop in factory installed system that come with tool boxes 

(large beer coolers) down both sides that are very similar to the Chevy Avalanche. They both lock with the vehicle remote like the tailgate. It has three removable covers that allow for large cargo. It also has an area inside that raises to secure small or large cargo, depending on what side of the divider you put your cargo on. I believe it was only available in the 69 inch bed. It also has a support piece that runs up behind the cab, looks just like a Chevy Avalanche, that contains a third brake light.
I just purchased a 2017 High County, 6.2L with the High Desert package. No disrespect to anyones person opinion, but I don’t care for the Avalanche look. I plan on removing it this weekend. If anyone is interested I would like to trade for a nice trifold flat bed cover or sell it for enough to buy one. 
I know the High Desert package, with the ride control, was a $7000 add on. Seems pretty steep to me.

I am located in central Kansas and have many more pictures I just didn’t want to download them all because of file size.

53B85F51-BBB2-46A1-A021-D70EC3E003EF.jpeg

EC3692BB-B62E-4468-8C97-638E3707EED6.jpeg

548A12A8-7AA1-4E9E-A63E-A01B6C7A5520.jpeg

7E37C93D-9FC1-46F9-B15E-B5999FC97AA5.jpeg

C32F7FC1-4BB3-47E3-A8FA-E7F0293B0570.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daryl Davis said:

I will try and take pictures and give a brief explanation of the removal process if anyone is interested.

Yes please, always like to learn new things about the K2's.  

Thanks for your offer.