Wireless Android Auto Discovery

I stumbled into this while researching how to connect my phone wirelessly to Android Auto. I have a Kyocera E6920 running android 10 with the current version of Android Auto. It would not connect wirelessly to my 21 Sierra SLT. If you go into Android Auto developer mode and scroll down there is a toggle for Wireless Android Auto I turned it on and my phone now connects wirelessly. I've had it in this mode for several days and it works flawlessly. You can find directions on how to enter developer mode online. No more USB cable !!!  

Edited by SEBFL
clarification

On 11/5/2021 at 6:15 AM, SEBFL said:

I stumbled into this while researching how to connect my phone wirelessly to Android Auto. I have a Kyocera E6920 running android 10 with the current version of Android Auto. It would not connect wirelessly to my 21 Sierra SLT. If you go into Android Auto developer mode and scroll down there is a toggle for Wireless Android Auto I turned it on and my phone now connects wirelessly. I've had it in this mode for several days and it works flawlessly. You can find directions on how to enter developer mode online. No more USB cable !!!  

Good to hear it works for you, but for some of us, as in my 2020 Silverado LT, wireless AA is not an option, not due to my phone's capabilities, but because the vehicle doesn't support it.  For people like me getting one of the newly introduced wireless AA dongles is the only option if I want wireless AA.

On 11/7/2021 at 8:59 AM, Anacortes Army Guy said:

For people like me getting one of the newly introduced wireless AA dongles is the only option if I want wireless AA.

No it isn't. White Automotive has a solution that is 100% OEM.

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/silverado-sierra-wireless-car-play-android-auto-navigation-and-hd-radio-upgrade/

1 hour ago, mjonesjr84 said:

I visited their website months ago, and while you're correct that it's another option (I misspoke when I said there wasn't another option), at $750 plus tax it's not an option for me.