K&N cold air intake "check engine air intake" notification

I bought a 2020 Silverado LTZ with the 5.3 last October and I installed a K&N cold air intake, 6 months later the "check engine air intake " notification popped up on screen. Does anyone know how to remove that notification every time i turn the truck on? Service dept at dealer said they have heard about this issue before but had no recomendations of how to make this stop popping up on screen. Any help is appreciated!!

I know you have a K&N but this is why it won't work.  Its screwing up your system....

The Cold Air Intake System is a Limited Production Option (LPO) that can be ordered with the vehicle at the time of purchase. It is not to be installed or sold as an Accessory Catalog Offering (ACO), or over-the-counter accessory, as the calibration is not available for ACO applications. If installed on an incorrect vehicle, the Check Engine MIL may illuminate and DTCs P0172 (Fuel Trim System Rich) and P0175 (Fuel Trim System Rich Bank 2) may set.

Here are why such add-ons are not compatible.

GM Accessories that require updated calibrations must have the calibrations installed to ensure proper operation of the new accessory components as well as other related vehicle systems, whether it’s an air intake system that includes an ECM update, a front grill package that involves front camera operation, or larger wheels and tires that impact the operation of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems on the vehicle. Calibration updates that are not performed following the installation of an accessory may not only limit system performance, but may also leave the vehicle non-compliant with regional government regulations.

Edited by elcamino
  • Like 1

Agreed there is a lot of misinformation. Doesn’t appear as simple as disabling the filter monitor. Sounds like if you wait to turn the monitor off until after the error takes place, there is no way to clear it.

My Roto-Fab worked with the filter monitor system, never had to turn it off, so cannot confirm. But if it’s related to the poor design of the K&N system as it seems, just get rid of it. Nobody buys new vehicles to have a bunch of codes all the time.