How To Lubricate you Leaf Springs to Prevent Squeaking and Rubber Insert Wear

Hello Everyone,

Its that time of the year where harvesting season has arrived (Im a Coffee Farmer in central Mexico) and around this time i like to do the Annual check and Service to my Vehicles.

One of the things that i like to do is Lubricate the Leaf Springs on my trucks using Silicone-Based Grease to prevent squeaking and deterioration of the rubber inserts in the Springs.

I think you can use pretty much any off the shelf grease, but some people are of the opinion that Petroleum-Based lubricants can damage the Rubber Bushings and Inserts, so i have been using Silicone-Based Dielectric Grease for quite some time now.

Its great to lube the Poly Bushings on my Mid Travel UCAs, and you can use Canned Silicon Sprays to touch up every now and then.

To put it where it needs to be (Between the Leaf Spring Contact Points) i found that the easier way is so jack up the truck from the rear and let the suspension Droop, which makes the leafs separate and allows to grease up the gap by hand.

TL;DR, i made a short video, Support on my YouTube Channel always helps me afford new parts for my truck and so on.

** Years ago I removed my 3rd Overload Springs to improve comfort, thats why you wont see them in the video. Turns out it does improve Comfort, but the truck will squat horribly when loading more than a few Hundred Pounds on the bed, but thats a video for another day wink wink