Intake and Exhaust

Hey guys,

I have a 2021 GMC 3500 AT4 with the Duramax. I’ve been doing research on adding a S&B CAI and the DPF back exhaust. My question is are they worth the money? I heard with the CAI intake, it can throw a service engine light due to the MAF sensor or something. It would need to be re-flashed by the dealer. Is this true as well? 

Is the DPF back exhaust worth it? I had a 2012 ram 3500 back in 2013 that I deleted and it made a hell of a difference. Not sure if the DPF back exhaust would make a difference. I would like a deeper sound though. I’m looking at the banks 5” DPF back exhaust if that helps. 

I do not plan on deleting this one anytime soon. I would like to keep it as stock as possible until the warranty is up. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

I can’t attest to the cold air intake I’ve been waiting on Banks before I did any upgrade with that but I did do Banks Monster exhaust.  I picked a little in mileage but nothing to write home about. My main goal with the exhaust was to get a side exit so I didn’t have the high exhaust temps directed straight back at our 5th wheel.  It looks a hell of a lot better but don’t expect any change in sound it’s still as quiet as a mouse lol! MBRP also makes a DPF back exhaust that’s less expensive but it’s a 4” instead of the 5” but it’s probably worth a look too. Hope that helps. 

0DD621CF-F328-458E-9E3F-FD67B53B50BA.jpeg