2000 gmc 1500 4x4 push button flickers

My 2000 Gmc sierra 1500 that had a complete frame up rebuild using a 2005 complete rolling chassis as well a low mileage 05 5.3 vortec and the 2005 main wiring harness front to back .problem is the push button 4x4 doesn’t light up but if i pull the 4x4 fuse in the cab and i just barely put the fuse back and wiggle it up and down i get some clicking noise and for a second the push button flickers . is this a bad ground or punched wire causing my problem before i ripped the truck apart because of a rotted frame for the rebuild the 4x4 worked but the 2000 wiring harness was completely full of water and had to be changed . By the way the front drive shaft is removed as well as encoder motor because it was stuck in 4x4 

Edited by classicxl

it sounds like you have many issues ongoing.  Making sure all of your grounds are hooked, is the first thing.  I am not sure of the compatibility of your bcm and ecm with a 2000, vs 2005.  It may be a matter of just taking it to your local gm dealership and getting things reprogrammed.  I am not sure what frame up means, but if that means you got a frame, and a cab........... from a 2005, then what exactly did you take from the 2000?

Frame up means everything on the frame was restored to like new condition . story is i bought a 2000 gmc looked mint then discovered the frame was bad behind fuel tank. 

My friend who sells gm trucks found a very low mileage 2005 truck that it’s older owner had rolled his tuck into a ditch but everything else was in like new condition. We took my 2000 cab and box and put it on the 2005 frame . used the 2005 wiring harness because mine was full of water and put in a good used computer and it was reflashed 

push button switch when i first bought  the truck from the dealer ,  each 4x4 selection button did  light up and worked  now nothing unless i wiggle the fuse it flickers for a second