Bed Security

So I sold my 3rd gen Tacoma to get into a full size and love it! I'm often hauling around my dirtbike or mountain bikes and created a really secure method to do so in the bed of the Tacoma. I wish I had taken a picture but I'll explain the best I can. The Tacoma bed has (6) 1/2" diameter T55 torx head bolts holding the bed to the frame. What I did was take one of the bolts out and add a 1/2" D-ring welded to a piece of 1/4" steel plate. I drilled a hole in the plate and put the bolt through it and into the frame. Red Loctite was applied to the bolt and the head of the torx was filled with 2-part high strength clear epoxy. I then use a cut-proof lock and badass chain to secure whatever I need to be locked.

So in the Silverado bed it's got 4 much smaller metal hooks at each corner and I've been locking it through those hooks with the same lock and chain. That metal is significantly thinner on the hooks than I would like and could easily be cut with bolt cutters. Has anyone mounted something or modified the hooks to be of much thicker/higher quality steel to lock things to in the bed.

Please don't tell me to get an enclosed trailer, or a pistol, an insurance policy, a guard dog or say things like don't leave things in your bed. I have all those things already and I will continue to leave things in my bed! 😆

Edited by scralatchtica824
  • Haha 1