Crew Cab Flat Floor With Storage Bins

This is a "Cheesy, But Functional" mod. 

I'm not "married" to this, and would love to see what you all have done to accomplish something similar. :cheers:

I normally run with at least one dog in the truck, and they can get pretty muddy when we go hunting.  Wanted a padded "flat floor" area that contains their "mess".  This is what I've come up with, using the cushion from my old Dodge.  I'll add one of those dog seat covers that attach to the front and rear seat head rests. 

Need to modify the cushion/cover, so that it can be removed 60/40 like the seats fold, in case there is a third passenger riding in the truck.

Went to Wally-Mart with a tape measure after measuring the floor space with the driver & passenger seat set for fairly tall people.  Spent about $34.  The center cut out in the cushion is for an electric cooler that keeps drinks/sandwiches/snacks cool for longer trips.

The blankets folded at the rear of the underseat bin, levels out that angle, so the cushion lays flat.

There is enough room between the bins and the under seat storage to keep quick-grab stuff, like leashes, water, fire extinguisher, etc. 

The bins fit pretty tight side to side, so I'll need to lay a towel over the ends of the outer bins to keep from scratching up the doors.

(last picture is how it fit in the Dodge with the cooler in place).

Rear-Cushion.jpg

Rear-storage-bins-&-blanket.jpg

Storage-Biins-model-number.jpg

Center-storage-bin.jpg

Foam-Bed.jpg

Deployed the Mess Containment System (aka Dog Seat Cover). 

Vailge Dog Car Seat Cover

Picked this up from Amazon.  It was the largest I could find.  What I like about this is the ends zip up which will help protect the door panels, and it covers the seat with them folded, or down.  So if there is a person sitting in the back, I'll just fold it to cover the seat occupied by the dog.

Haven't put the dog in yet, but it seems pretty comfortable. Also came with a strap that clips into the seat belt for use with a dog harness.  

Mess-Containment-System.jpg

• 2 months later...

Just a quick update.  I've had a couple of dogs riding back there together now (GSP & Visla).  They comfortable with room to lie down, or wander from side to side.  Overall it's working great.  Haven't put much in the storage bins yet.  But this hunting season those bins will be loaded up. 🙂

Nice work! My truck didn't come with a storage tray so I was going to fab something similar to my Rams storage box, with the folding flat panels and feet.

57 minutes ago, H20ENG said:

Nice work! My truck didn't come with a storage tray so I was going to fab something similar to my Rams storage box, with the folding flat panels and feet.

That will be really nice!  The factory box is angled to match the seat bottom, which makes it difficult to get things "flat".  

Will look forward to see how your setup comes out. :cheers:

• 4 months later...

Think I have the same cover, maybe a different name. Just a comment that it is so much nicer than just the oem  upholstery. The dog hair doesn't embed itself into the material, or otherwise stick to it, like it does with the oem material.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Stand By said:

Think I have the same cover, maybe a different name. Just a comment that it is so much nicer than just the oem  upholstery. The dog hair doesn't embed itself into the material, or otherwise stick to it, like it does with the oem material.

I've been pretty happy with the seat cover.  Mud, sand, hair, drool, etc. all stay in that cover.  Normally I just pull it out and shake it off.  Door panels, and cushion stay much cleaner than without it.

• Like 1