Interface for factory radio

14 hours ago, MWauge said:

I am trying to install after market amplifier and speakers and can find a clean solution.  I’m looking for someone that has done it successfully and what you used.  Thank you. 

Llj customs makes a plug and play harness, that’s who i used

• 1 month later...

Do you happen to have a link that would help in finding this harness? If you have any contact info for the company that you mentioned above, and don't mind sharing it, that would be helpful! TIA

LLJ Customs Car Audio Home Page

There customer service is really good.  In my truck I put the LC7i in so I could have 4 speakers and the amp going through it.  So that and the harness they sell.  If you buy both from them it will come prewired which makes install even easier.

I bought Focal speakers for the doors, have Kenwoods in the dash, an Alpine amp, and a Rockford Fosgate 10 inch sub.  Together it sounds spectacular, especially given how crappy the IOR stereo is in the 2020 Silverado WT.

I just ordered a DIY harness from LLJ customs. They have quite a bit of lead time from my understanding. The DIY was supposed to ship next day, and best I've gotten from them is a shipping label created, but hasn't actually shipped. I'm hoping to have it this week, and I ordered it about 2 weeks ago. Oddly, they sent me a very nice email in response to a question I had originally, but then once I placed my order, they never responded. 

There are a few different systems you need to be aware of. If you have a Bose, that's all you need to know, but if it's non-bose, you need to look under the glove box and see what connectors you have. It's either light grey and black, or light grey and cyan if I understand correctly. My LT with the 8" IOS is black and light grey. 

If you want to make your own, you could also do that... I did a bunch of research and was able to find the connectors on Mouser. They are Molex stak50h connectors, but the female headers are a bit complicated and I never reached out to a molex rep to get it squared away. 

There are a few ways to install the system, but my plan is:

1) DIY loopback harness from LLJ Customs

2) AudioControl d-6.1200 mounted behind rear seat.

- CH1-2: Morel Maximo 6 Components up front with passive crossover

- CH3-4: Morel Maximo 6 coax for back fill 

- CH5-6: Infinity reference 1000s 10" sub under center rear seat in custom box

- I'm torn between using an underseat powered 8" and this 10". I can go active x-over for the front if I switch off but it's just more power draw and I'm looking for sound quality more than SPL

3) 4ga to distro block for amp and 8ga to accessory circuits in rear

- Flashing beacons in grill and rear bumper

- Opt7 Aura interior lighting

- Opt7 Running board lighting (maybe?)