2022 SIlverado LTD

Mechanically the 2021 and the 2022 LTD are the same.  I don't know for sure, as i have a 2021, you should reach out to the chip tuners to confirm compatibility - I suspect you will like what they tell you!

Pretty much nothing is different, it's all carry over parts on the LTD's.

I could only assume that aftermarket plug in programmers for a 2021 work on a LTD 2022. Best to contact whatever company that makes the parts to double check.

According to Range, the software is different in the 22 LTD's vs the 21's. However, I can say that the 22s and 21s are different in some way shape form or fashion has they do not get nor are they rated the same for fuel consumption. My 21 Sierra w/o DFM was rated for 20 on the HWY. My 22 LTD Silverado Is rated for 20 HWY WITH DFM. So something is definitely going on to drop 2mpg that the 21s with DFM are rated. I will say though that the Pulsar LT works just fine with the 22 LTD's. I am running one now.

On 5/20/2022 at 8:38 AM, Byrds8 said:

According to Range, the software is different in the 22 LTD's vs the 21's. However, I can say that the 22s and 21s are different in some way shape form or fashion has they do not get nor are they rated the same for fuel consumption. My 21 Sierra w/o DFM was rated for 20 on the HWY. My 22 LTD Silverado Is rated for 20 HWY WITH DFM. So something is definitely going on to drop 2mpg that the 21s with DFM are rated. I will say though that the Pulsar LT works just fine with the 22 LTD's. I am running one now.

The ECM p/n's for 2021 and 2022 LTD are the same, both the ECM for functioning DFM and the ECM for YK9 DFM disabled.  

No reason the Pulsar LT shouldn't work.  2022 refresh are all new ECM #s and they are on the VIP (Global B) electrical platform with all its new encryption bits.

Edited by newdude

1 hour ago, newdude said:

The ECM p/n's for 2021 and 2022 LTD are the same, both the ECM for functioning DFM and the ECM for YK9 DFM disabled.  

No reason the Pulsar LT shouldn't work.  2022 refresh are all new ECM #s and they are on the VIP (Global B) electrical platform with all its new encryption bits.

The Pulsar indeed works in the 22 LTD. I am running one myself. What doesnt work according to Range is the ODBII plug in. When I asked them why it lists the plug in as not available for the 22 LTD's, they told me the software was different.

I figured they just called the same truck a 22 instead of a 21 myself, other than the MPG difference between the two.

2 hours ago, CamGTP said:

If the two trucks you had did have different options, that could have changed the fuel mileage ratings. Like rear end gearing, transmissions and tire sizes.

The only difference between the two trucks were the 360 view and the front and rear assist. Nothing that would drastically change their weight. Rear gears are also the same between the two. However, the LTD 5.3L's are all rated lower by 2MPG HWY and 1 CITY. Not sure as to why and cant get a straight answer out of the dealership either. Not to mention, this truck runs hotter that the 21 Sierra. Never saw the Sierra go past 212 while this one will go up to 220.