Parts Supply - Shortage, Employee - Shortage - It's Normal - What's your Story

diyer2

The parts shortage and employee shortage is affecting a lot of people.

Know someone who was rear ended around Christmas in a Toyota Tundra. Needs a frame and is still waiting. Insurance has been providing a rental vehicle.

People having issues with new firearms on the gun forum. They make bad ones also. Taking a long time in some cases to get warranty repairs done.

I'm and audiophile junkie. Same story on that forum, long time for warranty work or slow software updates.

My sons a mechanic and the company he works for has a contract with GM to do any work they ask them to do on vehicles. GM has mentioned cancelling the contract because they can't keep up with the work load. The company can't hire qualified techs so they fall behind.

Know someone who buys Mercedes vehicles. Delivery was 3 times longer.

Online purchase deliveries take longer since Covid. 

Have a story post it up!

Local county sheriff has 2 Explorer cruisers stuck at the upfitter for 6-months because of parts shortages.  The delay is costing them to keep 2 two vehicles (200,000+ miles)on the road these were to replace.  Friends wife works at the Furd Dealer.

A friend is a LTL contract hauler, he told me his diesel fuel is costing him over a $1,000 more a month.  Does not know how long he can stay in business.  He has 2 Sprinter Diesel 2500 vans. 

Edited by elcamino