Anybody replace factory power steps with AMP Research Power Steps?

I am in the process of removing the bulky/clunky OEM power steps from my 2019 Silverado to install AMP Research Power steps that not only hide away out of sight but also reach down further to assist my wife to step into my truck.  Has anyone performed this swap by utilizing the existing wiring harness of the truck to control the AMP steps as opposed to using the AMP wiring harness and controller?  

• 3 weeks later...

Be interested to hear some feedback.  My truck is going in for a lift and I'm thinking of doing AMPs at the same time.  Wondering if removing the OEM power steps will throw a code of some sort.

My truck is a '21 Denali.

Edited by Phil DeVtec

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using Amp Research power running boards since 2012. I did the installation myself. It took a couple of hours but was very straight forward and easy to accomplish. They are very well engineered and come with very good instructions.

I've had them on a 2012 Silverado 1500 LTZ, 2021 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali Diesel and currently on a 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali. I made a clamp on step to use on the 2500HD because it was so high. It dropped down an additional 6 inches. I won't have another truck without power running boards. They have worked flawlessly. They are well engineered and very durable. I see that GM is now offering them as an option on the new trucks. 

2020 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali