After market Snow plow jumper harness

Hello,

I have a 2022 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 Duramax with Camper package and dual alternators but not the snow plow prep package. I am getting a Meyer 8'6" v-plow and the installer says I need a Snow plow jumper harness to avoid intermittent instrument panel cluster resets. It is causing a system voltage over-shoot or load dump when operating the snow plow. 

I took my truck to a local dealer and they say because doesn't have the RPO VYU I need an after market Snow plow jumper harness. 

Has anyone run into this issue. What are you using? Recommendations?

Not sure why it'd need to be aftermarket unless there's a harness difference with the VYU option. If not, you can probably just order the kit yourself, part number 84731643. You could look over the GM Ufitter bulletin to see if your truck matches the installation steps. https://www.gmupfitter.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/UI-Bulletin-161b.pdf.

• Like 1

Thank you sir. Mine does not have the VYU option but my snow plow installer is concerned about the load dump causing the reset of the IPC et al. GM dealer service department is clueless. Having trouble with anyone willing to install it.

On 8/25/2022 at 12:24 PM, GratefulAZ said:

Hello,

I have a 2022 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 Duramax with Camper package and dual alternators but not the snow plow prep package. I am getting a Meyer 8'6" v-plow and the installer says I need a Snow plow jumper harness to avoid intermittent instrument panel cluster resets. It is causing a system voltage over-shoot or load dump when operating the snow plow. 

I took my truck to a local dealer and they say because doesn't have the RPO VYU I need an after market Snow plow jumper harness. 

Has anyone run into this issue. What are you using? Recommendations?

You can literally install the GM one.  VYU or not.  Part # is 84731643.  

Here are the instructions - UI-Bulletin-161b.pdf (gmupfitter.com)

Your real issue here is a Duramax without VYU and an 8ft6in V blade.  I hope you are running Timbrens and ballast.

• Like 1

my 22 Gas SLT just had the Fisher MM2 3 wire Truck Side Plow Harness installed without any issue -- and my truck does NOT have Plow Prep, it came with Optional Camper Upgrade with HD Front Suspension, with Optional 220 Amp Alt & Optional X31  with the  Skid Plates - so I was just missing the Fire Wall knock out - my amber roof lights are there as well, no double battery on this one

All Features Included With X31 Off-Road Package:
  • Off-Road suspension
  • Hill Descent Control
  • Skid plates
  • Twin-tube Rancho shocks
  • X31 hard badge

• 2 weeks later...