2019+ Silverado Electrical Issues Attributed To Braided Grounding Strap

• 1 month later...

That video was amazing, thanks for the info, my truck is going into the shop next week and I am going to have them check all of the ground cables and replace as necessary. My truck started with the crazy info of stabilitrak, trailer brake and power steering failure. Once restarted it went away but I'm going to have them check all of the grounds asap.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Daryl Brown said:

That video was amazing, thanks for the info, my truck is going into the shop next week and I am going to have them check all of the ground cables and replace as necessary. My truck started with the crazy info of stabilitrak, trailer brake and power steering failure. Once restarted it went away but I'm going to have them check all of the grounds asap.....

I hope they find something for you.

• 3 weeks later...

That was some great detective work.

Reminds me of a problem I had with a 2008 Chevy Suburban. The left turn signal would stop working. It went into the dealer 3-4 times (including 2 overnight stays) at a cost of $1200+. They had replaced the body control module and the fuse box (2x) and the problem still wasn't resolved. I finally decided to take the time to diagnose it myself. The problem turned out to be a sharp corner of metal on the fender well poking in (and shorting) a wire in the harness coming out of the fuse block. I padded it with rubber insulation and the problem was solved.

I posted my findings somewhere (I think in the forums here).

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, studly said:

That was some great detective work.

Reminds me of a problem I had with a 2008 Chevy Suburban. The left turn signal would stop working. It went into the dealer 3-4 times (including 2 overnight stays) at a cost of $1200+. They had replaced the body control module and the fuse box (2x) and the problem still wasn't resolved. I finally decided to take the time to diagnose it myself. The problem turned out to be a sharp corner of metal on the fender well poking in (and shorting) a wire in the harness coming out of the fuse block. I padded it with rubber insulation and the problem was solved.

I posted my findings somewhere (I think in the forums here).

That's ridiculous.  I can understand paying for diagnostic work but how can you be charged for a repair, that doesn't repair?

On 11/6/2022 at 7:09 PM, BlaineBug said:

That's ridiculous.  I can understand paying for diagnostic work but how can you be charged for a repair, that doesn't repair?

The problem was intermittent.  Just moving the wire harness would make it come and go.  They kept changing stuff and the problem would go away but only temporarily. 

2 hours ago, studly said:

The problem was intermittent.  Just moving the wire harness would make it come and go.  They kept changing stuff and the problem would go away but only temporarily. 

I understand that,  but if it isn't fixed it isn't fixed.  Is there no accountability, or were you clearly made aware that they were guessing before agreeing to these "maybe" repairs?