2018 L83 Air leak noise...?

I got a video but is not letting me upload it.

Has anyone ever had this problem and found out the issue? I will post a link of a random YouTube video with the identical sound my engine have.

Its an L83 BUT on a 2003 silverado.

Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks!

https://youtube.com/shorts/JXXCZTfpQV8?feature=share

11 hours ago, Jose Soto said:

Has anyone ever had this problem and found out the issue? I will post a link of a random YouTube video with the identical sound my engine have.

Exhaust manifold leak to the head, check for broken exhaust manifold bolts very common for those years.

5 hours ago, Silverado4x4 said:

Exhaust manifold leak to the head, check for broken exhaust manifold bolts very common for those years.

I already checked for exhaust black spots around the manifold and they all look good. The sound it's pretty noticeable behind intake. Lower side

10 hours ago, Silverado4x4 said:

You know what, I checked again just earlier today and I found apparently a leak under the manifold that's why I couldn't see it. As soon I get my arp manifolds bolts I'll install the new bolts and I'll update if it works

8 hours ago, Jose Soto said:

You know what, I checked again just earlier today and I found apparently a leak under the manifold that's why I couldn't see it. As soon I get my arp manifolds bolts I'll install the new bolts and I'll update if it works

Not going to be that easy to just replace the bolts if the bolt is broke that means the stud is still inside the head and have to be tapped out or drilled out. The manifold still has to come off to replace the exhaust manifold gasket.  

12 hours ago, Jose Soto said:

3 hours ago, Silverado4x4 said:

Not going to be that easy to just replace the bolts if the bolt is broke that means the stud is still inside the head and have to be tapped out or drilled out. The manifold still has to come off to replace the exhaust manifold gasket.  

Exactly.  You will want to pull the manifold to properly repair in the event bolts break so new gaskets for the manifold to head, and then to the Y pipe.  

On 9/17/2022 at 11:13 PM, Jose Soto said:

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Jose Soto.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2018 L83. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Jose Soto/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com