Replace Magneride shocks in pairs? Air compressor too?

Background...I have a 2016 Suburban LTZ with almost 100k miles....my air compressor had been running periodically and I had shock replacement on my radar.   Unfortunately I was in an accident and during the final check they found one of the rear shocks was throwing a code.   They are replacing the failed shock under insurance.  

Obviously I will continue to monitor the compressor running.    Should I proactively replace the other shock to keep the two sides a similar age?    

Any experience what the failure point usually is?    A leaky shock causing the compressor to run more....and then the compressor fails because it runs too much?  Or is the compressor a wear item too?

I would replace it as the other is probably not far behind. The compressor does not usually go out but the constant running will eventually wear it out. Maybe do a Google search on the compressor running and something should pull up on this forum and the other truck forum as this has been discussed. Good luck.