1500 HD Tow Mirror Options

iceytys

So i wound up grabbing a pair before NEWDUDE responded to me and i thought i would just throw them on to see fitment.

Power fold and power adjusting mirrors work like factory.  The task light activates the running lights, the puddle lamp activates the task lamp now, and the turn signal and rear illumination lights don't work, and camera angles are different like the guy who posted it on the previous model. I assumes i could get the required door harnesses or repin the door harness around to get the features to work correctly but ill wait for newdude to proceed at this point.   On another note i have a brand new drivers side Silverado tow mirror in the box 84879431 if anyone is interested shoot me a PM. 

ue

22.jpg

• 2 months later...

hi i know it has been a while but just an update here from my 2022 AT4X DQS add.

I successfully installed the tow mirrors and now the door harnesses (took a while to get the door harnesses from gm).

The power fold works along with the heat, power adjust, work lights

The camera angles are off i have to wait until wmas can adjust them not a big deal hopefully soon.

But the clearance lamps, turn signals, and back up illumination lamps do not work. 

I assumed the turn signal would work because i had them on my factory mirrors but they don't any ideas why ? 

I am going to try giving boost auto parts a call today see if they can help me out at all.

• 2 months later...

Howdy all,

new member here. I recently purchased a 2023 Sierra 1500 AT4 that does not have tow mirror’s. My truck does not have the technology package which looked to be the only way it could come from factory with the mirrors installed. I do have the full feature small mirrors: 360 cams, heated, puddle lamp, front light, and power fold. I am more than capable of modifying any of the wiring needed, wondering this has been figured out yet as far as BCM reconfiguration or third party involvement. Also the part numbers listed here by others seem to be for the chrome version, is there a non chrome part number that retains all the features I currently have? Thanks in advance for any help on this. Pic of my new ride.

624463EA-7125-48E9-B601-D6EE0DC7F1C9.jpeg

Order guide shows that on 2023 AT4 the DQS mirrors can be added without adding other package. 

image.png.2391ea6744a49ec2723b29aa8fb8c95d.png

Note 1 applies to SLT trim.

They show available on AT4 and Denali.

They are not available on any other sierra trim (including AT4X and Denali Ultimate)

1 hour ago, Bikermark94 said:

Hi redwngr,

if you go on gmc website and build out an at4 the only way tow mirrors can be added to the build is by including the technology package. Not sure what or why that would be a limitation. 

For a 2023 1500 AT4?

(otoh, wouldn't be the first time the build your own website was in disagreement with the Fleet Order Guide, and/or the dealers build/order program)

• 2 months later...

so just an update I successfully installed the OEM gm tow mirrors on my 2022 sierra at4x with the boost auto RZY harness and the OEM gm door harness. The only issues I have to get fixed is the camera angles when white auto media can update the VPM and the mirrors kind of don't fold in and out properly I have to hit the button a few times sometimes to get them to fold in or out. Any insight on the folding mirror part would be great. But overall worth it and love the look