1500 HD Tow Mirror Options

iceytys

I am wanting to upgrade my side mirrors with either OEM or Aftermarket HD 2500 mirrors, however most all the ones I am finding on the net are not power folding.   Also I have the 360 camera system as well, and dont want to loose that functionality.      Does anyone know if the HD2500 mirrors have power folding and built in cameras?    And if so, are the units plug in play from the factory?

Curious what others are doing?     FYI, I have seen the aftermarket ones on ebay, but none I could find are power folding with cameras.

Thanks in advance.

20 minutes ago, iceytys said:

I am wanting to upgrade my side mirrors with either OEM or Aftermarket HD 2500 mirrors, however most all the ones I am finding on the net are not power folding.   Also I have the 360 camera system as well, and dont want to loose that functionality.      Does anyone know if the HD2500 mirrors have power folding and built in cameras?    And if so, are the units plug in play from the factory?

Curious what others are doing?     FYI, I have seen the aftermarket ones on ebay, but none I could find are power folding with cameras.

Thanks in advance.

HD mirrors will not fit.  Doors are different.

Your standard small mirrors now, what options are on there?  Do you have the 360-surround vision with the cameras in the mirrors?  How about blind spot monitoring?  Do you have memory seats?

Also, can you provide the build date for your truck?  Should be on one of the silver labels in your driver's door jamb on the body.  Bottom of the pillar.

Edited by newdude

1 hour ago, newdude said:

Can you please elaborate? I heard this somewhere else too. Are the window opening bigger on HD for visibility ? 

16 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

Can you please elaborate? I heard this somewhere else too. Are the window opening bigger on HD for visibility ? 

The body stampings of them are different, and the mirror mount is larger/shaped differently to match the door.

• Thanks 1

1500 tow mirrors have that functionality on the higher trims

There is tow mirror without as many goodies.

My 1500 is a '21.

It has factory installed tow mirrors that are heated and power fold and have the camera toys. (360 view, truck and trailer side view when blinker running, etc etc)

So, yes it can be done -- but I have no info about retro-fit requirements on the T1's 

K2's required max tow to get tow mirrors.

T1's have max tow and tow mirrors as separate order items.

Edited by redwngr

On 10/22/2022 at 8:58 AM, newdude said:

Its a fully loaded LTZ, so yes, it has 360 camera and blind spot, which is why I dont want to by the Ebay version's I've seen online.  I dont want to loose that functionality, so I was curious what if anyone else is doing or if the mirrors from the 2500 were compatible, but it sounds like they are not.  😧

Build date is Jan 2020

On 10/22/2022 at 8:58 AM, newdude said:

Your standard small mirrors now, what options are on there?  Do you have the 360-surround vision with the cameras in the mirrors?  How about blind spot monitoring?  Do you have memory seats?

Also, can you provide the build date for your truck?  Should be on one of the silver labels in your driver's door jamb on the body.  Bottom of the pillar.

54 minutes ago, iceytys said:

Build date is Jan 2020

Your only course of action would be factory 1500 DQS spec mirrors because of the 360 surround and the blind spot system.

84879432 and 84879431 are the mirrors you'd need based on your build date.  Retail for just over $1400 each. 

You might need both front door harnesses or if not that, the Boost Auto Parts modify harness they are releasing to make all the added lighting on the mirrors work.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, newdude said:

Thanks for sharing the part numbers, I'll start searching ebay for used parts, I may get lucky there.   $3000 to upgrade is definitely not in my future....LOL

Your only course of action would be factory 1500 DQS spec mirrors because of the 360 surround and the blind spot system.

84879432 and 84879431 are the mirrors you'd need based on your build date.  Retail for just over $1400 each. 

You might need both front door harnesses or if not that, the Boost Auto Parts modify harness they are releasing to make all the added lighting on the mirrors work.  

On 10/22/2022 at 9:41 AM, iceytys said:

Thanks in advance.

This place just came out with their GM truck mirrors. They have been posting on Facebook about them. There are options you can add as well. https://boostautoparts.com/pages/gm

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2016 Sierra Owner said:

This place just came out with their GM truck mirrors. They have been posting on Facebook about them. There are options you can add as well. https://boostautoparts.com/pages/gm

Boost doesn't have the cameras in theirs.  It will be stuck in "service vision camera" forever.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2022 at 11:27 AM, newdude said:

Boost doesn't have the cameras in theirs.  It will be stuck in "service vision camera" forever.  

Question for you newdude.

My 23 high country 1500 with tech package just showed up at my dealer today and I am going to look at it tomorrow. They pushed the order through without tow mirrors without asking me so now I’ve got a bit of a dilemma. Their tech claims the oem tow mirrors won’t connect properly and from what I’ve seen the boost auto mirrors don’t allow 360 camera functionality.

I haven’t seen it in person yet but it was built within the last couple months and has max trailering, tech package with 360 view, lane departure, power extend, etc. Could you tell me if there’s a spec we could order on a mirror to get them to work? Even if it requires a new harness to connect. I want the tow mirrors without losing any of the features of the truck. You seem to know what you’re talking about with these so any help would be greatly appreciated. I don’t wanna turn it away and wait another 10 months for an order to get processed if we can make this one work.  

Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, 23HighCountry said:

Question for you newdude.

My 23 high country 1500 with tech package just showed up at my dealer today and I am going to look at it tomorrow. They pushed the order through without tow mirrors without asking me so now I’ve got a bit of a dilemma. Their tech claims the oem tow mirrors won’t connect properly and from what I’ve seen the boost auto mirrors don’t allow 360 camera functionality.

I haven’t seen it in person yet but it was built within the last couple months and has max trailering, tech package with 360 view, lane departure, power extend, etc. Could you tell me if there’s a spec we could order on a mirror to get them to work? Even if it requires a new harness to connect. I want the tow mirrors without losing any of the features of the truck. You seem to know what you’re talking about with these so any help would be greatly appreciated. I don’t wanna turn it away and wait another 10 months for an order to get processed if we can make this one work.  

Thanks in advance. 

They might be thinking of the GM accessory tow mirror kit, which yes, won't work properly (no cameras, blind spot).

You need to order the production DQS mirrors to make it all work.  84879432 and 84879431.  

Edited by newdude

On 11/4/2022 at 3:05 PM, newdude said:

They might be thinking of the GM accessory tow mirror kit, which yes, won't work properly (no cameras, blind spot).

You need to order the production DQS mirrors to make it all work.  84879432 and 84879431.  

Thanks newdude. They are still trying to tell me that the way the tow mirrors communicate with the BCM and plug in together will not jive. But they are looking further into those part numbers you sent. 

Would you be able to explain this in a bit more detail so they could understand the swap further? The truck is absolutely perfect aside from the mirrors. Thanks again for taking the time to reply. 

1 hour ago, 23HighCountry said:

Thanks newdude. They are still trying to tell me that the way the tow mirrors communicate with the BCM and plug in together will not jive. But they are looking further into those part numbers you sent. 

Would you be able to explain this in a bit more detail so they could understand the swap further? The truck is absolutely perfect aside from the mirrors. Thanks again for taking the time to reply. 

The only thing that stands a chance of not "jiving" is the lights.  They might not work at all, or they might work.  When you swap from the standard small mirrors so heat, no safety pkg to the accessory tow mirrors, you install new door harnesses and then flash the BCM to allow the marker/signal and cargo lights in the mirrors to work.  

All of the power and heat functionality remains unchanged.  Same for if you did those, you'd power fold, power and heat upper glass, the blind spot indicator would function as would the surround camera.  The blind spot monitoring system would detect that the mirror was plugged into the truck, same for the camera module.   

This worked on the 14-19 trucks when going from LTZ small power folds to the LTZ tow mirrors.  They still power folded, still memory, etc.  The truck knows a mirror is there, and if it has the same functions, they will all work.  

Edited by newdude

7 minutes ago, newdude said:

The only thing that stands a chance of not "jiving" is the lights.  They might not work at all, or they might work.  When you swap from the standard small mirrors so heat, no safety pkg to the accessory tow mirrors, you install new door harnesses and then flash the BCM to allow the marker/signal and cargo lights in the mirrors to work.  

All of the power and heat functionality remains unchanged.  Same for if you did those, you'd power fold, power and heat upper glass, the blind spot indicator would function as would the surround camera.  The blind spot monitoring system would detect that the mirror was plugged into the truck, same for the camera module.   

This worked on the 14-19 trucks when going from LTZ small power folds to the LTZ tow mirrors.  They still power folded, still memory, etc.  The truck knows a mirror is there, and if it has the same functions, they will all work.  

Ok great, thanks a million man. I’ll forward this on and hopefully they can make er happen. If they don’t agree, is it something I’d be able to tackle on my own? Is it as simple as taking off the door panel, unbolting and unplugging the small mirrors and bolting up and plugging in the new ones and getting them to reflash the BCM? Or would there be some additional electrical work needed? Thanks again for taking the time to answer and explain everything. Very much appreciated as there isn’t a whole lot of info that pops up on a quick search.