What Lift/level to run 2014 sierra 4x4 for 33/35in tires.

Hi, I have 2014 sierra slt 4x4 and It is on the stock 20 in snowflake wheels. I would like to get some bigger grapplers on there for the tires, just am new to trucks and a bit lost with the suspension upgrades. If i was to do just say a 2 inch level would I be able to fit 35 inch tires or would this essentially limit me to 33's? also are there any lifts as budget friendly as say a level to get bigger tires on or is level the only cheap option and then actual lifts would cost a lot more? Essentially just want to increase my ground clearance for off-roading and improve the looks. Obviously new to trucks so any input would be appreciated.

Just a bit of advice... If you are considering something like the lower Rough Country spacers, I would highly suggest changing out the supplied bolts that come with the kit so you don't run into the problems I did. The bolts in the kit are threaded on the end but smooth sided from about the middle down to the heads. I think fully threaded bolts would be a better choice. I found out the hard way that the supplied bolts basically rusted themselves into the lower control arm and were a bear to figure out how to get out. I would think a fully threaded bolt would have ended up being much easier to remove. Here is a thread that discusses what I ended up with...

I have Bilstein 5100's with the front struts maxed out (highest clip position), paired with 275/60/20 (33") Falken Wildpeak AT3W's. Only a slight rub at full lock but that's due to my +0 offset on the pro comp wheels. The ride is much better compared to the stock Rancho struts/shocks and the RC 2" leveling blocks which I had before. It's perfectly leveled but if I were to do it again, I'd lower the front 1 or 2 clip positions so when the bed is loaded it doesn't squat as much.

IMG_6852.jpg

On 11/14/2022 at 11:43 AM, boettcher40 said:

I have Bilstein 5100's with the front struts maxed out (highest clip position), paired with 275/60/20 (33") Falken Wildpeak AT3W's. Only a slight rub at full lock but that's due to my +0 offset on the pro comp wheels. The ride is much better compared to the stock Rancho struts/shocks and the RC 2" leveling blocks which I had before. It's perfectly leveled but if I were to do it again, I'd lower the front 1 or 2 clip positions so when the bed is loaded it doesn't squat as much.

IMG_6852.jpg

I have heard alot of good things about the billstein 5100 shocks to level, I believe its around 300$ just for the fronts, is this for sure worth it over the 75$ for a spacer level?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2022 at 9:53 PM, Alex Olsen said:

100% yes. I could feel an immediate difference in not feeling every crack in the road, and probably the best example is going over train tracks or rough surfaces. The back end doesn't seem to shift around as much anymore.

Don't expect it to ride like a Cadillac however it was worth the investment IMO. Even after the upgrade, it still doesn't ride as nice as a newer gen GM. After getting use to them I'd probably spend the coin on king adjustable coilovers or Fox 2.0's. May be comparable to a 19-22 possibly?