drive cycle

55 minutes ago, jp70710 said:

what is the drive cycle for a 2011 1500 sle  sierra with 5.3  v8?

Conditions for Meeting a Cold Start

The ignition voltage is between 10 and 15 V.

The barometric pressure (BARO) is more than 75 kPa.

The engine coolant temperature (ECT) at start-up is less than 42°C (108°F).

The intake air temperature (IAT) is between 2–32°C (36–90°F).

The engine is OFF for greater than 6 hours or the following conditions must be met:

The start-up IAT minus start-up ECT are within 12°C (22°F).

The start-up ECT minus start-up IAT are within 50°C (90°F).

Fuel level is between 25 and 75 %.

Turn OFF all of the accessories; HVAC system, other electrical loads, including aftermarket/add-on equipment, etc., and open the hood.

Set the vehicle parking brake and ensure the vehicle is in park for automatic transmission or neutral for manual transmission.

Start and idle the engine for 2 min.

Close the hood, release the parking brake and Accelerate at part throttle to 72–80 km/h (45–50 mph) with this speed maintained until the engine reaches operating temperature, 8–10 min.

Continue operation under these conditions for an additional 6 min.

Accelerate at part throttle to 90 km/h (55 mph) with this speed maintained for 2 min.

Release the accelerator pedal for at least 10 s. This will allow the vehicle to enter the decel fuel cut off.

Safely stop the vehicle, with the engine in drive for automatic or neutral with the clutch pedal depressed and parking brake applied for manual. Allow the vehicle to idle for 2 min.

Shift the vehicle to park for automatic and neutral for manual. Turn OFF the ignition and exit the vehicle. Do NOT disturb the vehicle for 45 min.

Observe the Inspection/Maintenance (I/M) System Status with a scan tool. All of the I/M System Status indicators should display YES.

If the EVAP I/M System Status indicator displays NO, turn OFF the ignition, ensure that the vehicle meets the conditions for a cold start, and repeat steps 6-11 three more times, or until the EVAP I/M System Status indicator transitions to YES. If the indicator continues to display NO, refer to the Inspection/Maintenance (I/M) System DTC Table to identify the DTCs that did not run.

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1