I have a 2020 Sierra with the 3.0 Duramax and 18k miles. I've owned the truck for 1.5 months and it's been at the dealer for the last month. 

At first they said the turbo actuator was bad so they replaced it and that didn't fix the issue(CEL on with associated codes). So now they are in the process of replacing the turbo. They've been in this process for 2 weeks. Talked to them today and they said they are having trouble getting the turbo out. So that's fun. 
Has anyone hear of a bad turbo this early before?  According to records it had drivability issues off the delivery truck and eventually they replaced a ECU that fixed the problem. 
Should I be worried that I got a dud?

• 2 months later...

I had a real nightmare with my 2020 3.0L diesel.  You should be able to find my posts on this forum.  What code did you get with the CEL?  My truck was fine till 75k, then blew the motor, then went through 2 new ECMs and 3 new turbos before GM finally agreed to help me buy a new one.  I think it was some kind of electrical glitch causing the turbo code.  I don't remember what code it was, but if you post it I should be able to tell you if if was the same as mine.  Something about turbo position not learned...

Stripped / cross threaded  / loose bolts resulted in some 20 and 21 turbos needing to be replaced.

Don't recall there being a rash of posts about this. 

This was from 2020...might be related.

Loose Turbocharger Actuator Bolts

October 13, 2020

Some 2020-2021 Silverado and Sierra models equipped with the 3.0L turbocharged Duramax diesel engine (RPO LM2) may exhibit a lack of performance along with DTCs P003A (Turbocharger Boost Control Position Exceeded Learning Limit), P0046 (Turbocharger Boost Control Position Performance), P0299 (Engine Underboost) and/or P0234 (Engine Overboost). If these conditions are found, check for loose bolts on the turbocharger actuator. (Fig. 18)

F18-bolt-1.pngFig. 18

If any of the three actuator bolts are not fully seated (Fig. 19), the threads may be damaged and the turbocharger should be replaced. The actuator is not available as a service part.

If all the bolts are fully seats, continued with the diagnostics outlined in the appropriate Service Information.

F19-bolt-2.pngFig. 19

Edited by redwngr