Aftermarket cooling fans

I have a 2015 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3 

I bought an after market radiator and cooling fans. Have everything installed. But the cooling fans had to be custom wired. My issue is now the check engine light is on bc the wiring harness is not hooked up to the fans anymore. Is there a way to delete the wiring harness for the fans since they are no longer used? Or is there a way to wire them to the factory wiring I tried to wire them to the factory wires but had no luck so had to use the custom wiring harness. I am new to this just trying to figure things out any help would be appreciated. I still want everything to work that is supposed to just don't know what I can do as far as the check engine light. Thanks anyone that can give me any help 

Why did you ditch the factory fans? I would put those back. If the aftermarket radiator (some legit upgrades like Mishimoto) is not enough to keep the truck cool, something is wrong. 

what kind of radiator did you get? 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

thats awesome, i wanted to do this as well.  I did it on my '06, i have 16' now and I want to do it to this truck.  It gave me better MPG, its less load on the engine, which gives little better performance.  Definitely noticeable.  I cant remember the company I got it from but it came with all wiring and a little unit that housed a relay and temp sensor with little dial.  You could then adjust the sensor to turn on at whatever temperature you wanted.  All the ones i see now like from Ebay just come with fans and thats it, so how does it know when to turn on i wonder?

On 3/21/2023 at 5:31 AM, Matt Stolle said:

I have a 2015 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3 

I bought an after market radiator and cooling fans. Have everything installed. But the cooling fans had to be custom wired. My issue is now the check engine light is on bc the wiring harness is not hooked up to the fans anymore. Is there a way to delete the wiring harness for the fans since they are no longer used? Or is there a way to wire them to the factory wiring I tried to wire them to the factory wires but had no luck so had to use the custom wiring harness. I am new to this just trying to figure things out any help would be appreciated. I still want everything to work that is supposed to just don't know what I can do as far as the check engine light. Thanks anyone that can give me any help 

Install the factory fans and re-test.