Rust repair 97 k1500

Recently acquired a 97 k1500 ext cab with third door. Box in pretty good shape but rockers and cab corners are rusted. Rust is on back doors of ext can about 1/4 of the way up. What is the cheapest way of fixing/covering up for cosmetic purposes? Do they make plastic panels or glue on replacement panels for this year?

Weld in replacement panels are readily available from many suppliers. A quick way to fill the holes is closed cell spray foam insulation, it can be sanded and painted but may trap moisture and accelerate the rust. It will get you by for a year or 2 though

I gave next to nothing for the truck. Mechanically strong, minus the rocker/cab corner/door panel rust, a pretty decent looking truck. Just looking to make it look decent for the next couple years without dumping a ton of money into it. So a body shop is out of the question, it would be diy. I know they make plastic covers for the 99 to 07 Silverado, didn't know if there was something similar to that for the 88-98 k1500, whether glue on, rivet, etc

unless you cut out the rust, covering it up will just make it worse as Cam said. You can just cover it up by attaching the repair panels over the rust but if you are gong to do that you may as well use the foam. Make sure it is closed cell so it will not absorb water. Once it dries you can shape it, sand it and paint it but the rust will continue to spread until the floors and cab mounts are affected

Some people just don’t get it. If I was in your shoes I first would neutralize the rust. There’s rattle cans for that. Then fill any holes if desired. Use your favorite filler. I’ve seen people use rubberized under coating and body lines to two tone your ride. The great part you can do over if you mess up. I get it you want to make it decent not rebuild it.