New lifters

I just bought a 2001 Silverado with a 4.3. Truck is very nice in and out, but out of curiosity I ran the carfax on the truck. In 2019 the truck went into the shop for a bad head gasket. Heads were milled , head gaskets replaced and new lifters were installed. My worry is the brand of lifters they put in. They are melling brand lifters. I’ve ready very mixed reviews about the brand. I’m also worried the truck has only had about 4,000 miles out on it since the lifters were installed in 2019. What’s y’all’s thoughts? I would assume in 4,000 miles any problems would present itself.

2 hours ago, Ausreed93 said:

I just bought a 2001 Silverado with a 4.3. Truck is very nice in and out, but out of curiosity I ran the carfax on the truck. In 2019 the truck went into the shop for a bad head gasket. Heads were milled , head gaskets replaced and new lifters were installed. My worry is the brand of lifters they put in. They are melling brand lifters. I’ve ready very mixed reviews about the brand. I’m also worried the truck has only had about 4,000 miles out on it since the lifters were installed in 2019. What’s y’all’s thoughts? I would assume in 4,000 miles any problems would present itself.

Melling is one of GM's OE suppliers.  If there's no odd noises, ticking, etc. I'd send it.  

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1